You are organized, self- motivated and enjoy leading others. You believe in efficiency and work best under deadlines. You thrive on building excellent working relationships. You are a creative and adaptable writer, no stranger to technical jargon, with excellent attention to detail and the perfection of a forensic detective. You are a story teller that can translate complexity into a simple and understandable message. You uphold confidentiality like a judge. You use checklists, sticky notes, and calendars on a daily basis and get a tiny thrill out of dotting your i's and crossing your t's.
Binnie has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing & Communications Manager to join our Head Office near scenic Deer Lake in Burnaby.
You will report to our Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and work closely with our Executive team and Division Managers. You will guide all marketing efforts and lead our marketing team to achieve the goals laid out in Binnie's Marketing Plan. You will lead internal and external communications, with messaging targeted to our clients, communities, and employees.
- Leading the implementation of strategic marketing and communications initiatives
- Engage external consultants for updating the strategic marketing plan
- Collaborate with operations team to create and update marketing materials supporting Binnie's different service offerings and geographic locations
- Manage external advertising, including relationships with publications, associations, and interest groups
- Overseeing internal and external communications, including social media messaging, news releases, and supporting executive team with employee communications.
- Lead Binnie's awards applications, conference/event displays and sponsorship, promotional merchandise
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 6+ years of experience in marketing, branding, and/or communications in a professional services environment
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Completed degree or diploma in Communications/Marketing/ Commerce/Business Administration or related discipline
- Knowledge of corporate brand management and best practices
- Experience implementing marketing plans and executing actionable tactics
- Ability to create and deliver strategic communications plans and initiatives for a variety of stakeholders and engagement opportunities
- Fluent with social media, WordPress, and reporting analytics
- Understanding of project management principles and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to develop, manage, and monitor budgets
- Strong communications and writing skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Graphic design experience preparing graphics for print and web distribution)
- Experience sourcing and selecting vendors and service providers, and managing external consultants and resources
- Ability to communicate effectively will all levels of staff
- Experience managing a team and ability to organize and delegate work effectively, and provide guidance and direction
- High level of accuracy, organization, and attention to detail
We are the people behind the infrastructure you use every day. We're small enough to know each other's names, and big enough to be where we're needed. As an employee-owned firm and one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, we take pride in our work and are respected as one of the top engineering firms in British Columbia. We support some of the most important infrastructure in the province and beyond.
We're looking for professionals who want to build careers and communities that last. We can't do it without you.
People come first. We support you with the education, mentoring, and growth opportunities you need to build an interesting career. As an employee-owned firm, we create a clear internal growth path that can keep up with even the most ambitious professionals. Whether it's soccer or coffee clubs, hockey pool, lunchtime yoga, Movember or Bowling for Big Brothers, everyone can get involved in their own way.
Interested in this job?
Thank you for your interest in Binnie. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Binnie embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome any and all qualified applicants.
If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources team.