Are you a passionate, driven and creative marketing professional who wants to make a difference?
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team with a diverse marketing communications portfolio?
Are you strategically minded and thrive in a fast-paced work environment?
Do you want to work for an organization that is creating lasting personal and social change?
If the following sounds like a good day at work, then this job might be for you!
- Oversee marketing and communications strategies for a diverse organization
- Manage the YMCA of Okanagan brand identity
- Support with the development and launch of a new Association website
- Collaborate with divisional leaders and marketing team to create innovative marketing campaigns
- Support our divisions in their growth and recovery during and after the effects of the current global pandemic
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of aligned divisional strategies
- Analyze results and evaluate campaign effectiveness
- Assist with execution of recruitment and fund development campaigns
- Offer guidance and support with internal and media communications in event of a crisis
- Support the establishment of organizational culture through highly effective internal communications
- Widely share the Y's impact in our community
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff
We'd love to hear from people with:
- A post secondary degree in marketing, communications, public relations or similar discipline (post-graduate degree an asset)
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive related work experience
- An exceptional ability to work effectively with people as a leader, a team member and a consensus builder
- Superior communications skills including presenting and facilitating, along with writing and editing for various audiences
- Planning, budgeting and project management experience
- Highly effective tactical execution in a changeable environment and in the face of many competing priorities
- A demonstrated belief in the power of analytics, with a results-oriented mind set
- Web and social media experience (HTML, CSS and SEO an asset)
- Proven stakeholder relations experience
- internal managers and staff, outsources contractors and media
- A values-based mindset and strong belief in the mission of the YMCA
The YMCA's Commitment to Trust and Safety:
As part of a trusted charitable organization, you can expect to receive excellent services and safety training throughout your YMCA career. As the first step in your journey, you will be required to:
- Provide 3 references of a professional in nature (e.g. Employer, Supervisor or Colleague)
- Provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than (six (6) months) preceding your start date. The YMCA will provide applicable instructions and paperwork.
Location: Association Services Office located at 375 Hartman Road
Schedule: Full-time term position
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Y Membership
All applications for this position should be submitted through our careers page online. Please include both a resume and cover letter and address your resume to:
Erica Marshall via Isarta
Marketing and Communications Manager
YMCA of Okanagan
Application deadline: January 24, 2021