We're looking for a Sales Proposal Writer to help us build, execute and maintain a program to effectively manage proposal requests from our EMEA enterprise and commercial clients. You'll be working with Sales, Customer Success and Presales to qualify incoming requests and create well-crafted, accurate proposal documents, Request for Proposal (RFP) responses that address our clients' technical and organizational needs. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office (post COVID19) you will report to Manager, Proposal & Security Management.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Communicate proposal processes to stakeholders in Sales and Customer Success
- Produce accurate and compelling proposal documents to tight deadlines
- Coordinate content from multiple sources to incorporate into your documents
- Ensure brand and messaging is correctly represented
- Build templates and libraries to ensure content is standardized, reusable, and easily accessible
- Manage internal processes and sign-offs to ensure compliance with legal and financial guidelines
- Co-own Salesforce reports that track proposal management metrics globally
- Develop and manage, based on best practices, all training and enablement for peeps globally
- Be valued by internal clients for your strategic recommendations and business acumen
- Develop content and assets relevant to client business needs
- Manage proposal content, boilerplate, templates and reporting metrics within the proposal automation tool
- Actively coach new hires during onboarding
- Compile, analyze and communicate relevant data and reports to inform stakeholders of project successes, failure points and key learnings
- Demonstrate proactive approach to identify, develop and execute improvements, ideas and approaches for proposal management internally and externally via 3rd party partners
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Relevant experience planning, producing and delivering proposal documents or relevant experience in SaaS industry
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.