We are looking for a matte painter! Matte painters in Bardel are responsible for creating cutting edge digital environments for high-end animation projects using an array of different softwares and techniques and outputting finished images to the compositing team without relying on the asset or shot production departments
What you will be doing:
- Create high quality digital matte paintings in a variety of different art styles (classic fully painted backgrounds, stylized, photo bashing, 3D renders overpaint) to match the show look.
- Ensure the paintings meet the technical requirements for each show, with special attention to color space management and conversion.
- Produce full Comp scripts in Nuke, assembling multiple projections and 2.5D setups that will be pre-rendered and handed off to LightingComp .
- Scatter vegetation into a 3D environment and be able to render it with efficiency.
- Build environment assets, mixing procedural and organic modeling and texturing techniques.
- Create, light and manage a large scale environment scene.
- Be able to quickly output sequences with the same environment
- Work closely with the matte painting Lead to develop quick workflows and share complex tasks.
- Work o develop the look of a project with the Art Director and CG Supervisor, trying to find the best technical approach to match their vision.
What you will bring with you:
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Nuke and Maya. Clarisse, Houdini and Zbrush are a big plus.
- Modeling, UV and Texturing Skills.
- Experience / interest in developing procedural environments workflows
- Strong artistic skills in digital matte paintings. Art background with an emphasis on environments is desirable Understanding of a 2.5D workflow and an overall knowledge of an animation pipeline from assets to comp.
- Good problem solving and optimization abilities, able to work independently on a sequence.
- Able to get artistic directions and be part of a team.
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position's criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel
- don't hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC.