Choice Program, Edmonton, AB
Jan-21-2021 at 1500 hours
HOURS OF WORK
- Shift times may vary
Temporary Full Time, 1 FTE
Anticipated End Date: March 15, 2022, or until return of incumbent
9649 71 Avenue, Edmonton, AB
To commensurate with education and experience
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Operations- Programs, the Community Programs Manager oversees a designated portion or combination of areas within GSS' Community Programs. This position ensures the supports provided within the programs promote well-being, independence, and community connectedness, while assisting clients to remain in their homes and communities as long as possible while reducing their use of in-patient and emergency unit services. The Community Programs Manager conducts continuous monitoring of services, employees, adherence to standards as laid out by external and internal stakeholders.
- You are a respected professional who exemplifies superior customer service and possesses superb problem-solving and communication skills.
- You are an innovator who is approachable with a strong participative management style, able to work with an interdisciplinary team and able to motivate and coach staff.
- As an excellent role model, you are able to facilitate mentoring and teamwork. As well, you demonstrate clinical competency, problem solving, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills.
- You have 3 years progressive experience in administration and management/supervisory and a recognized Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and active registration with CARNA or BCCNP is required.
- Geriatric experience is required and a Gerontological Nursing Certificate is preferred.
- CPR Level C.
- Computer skills required with Microsoft Office Suite, HRMIS and other charting platforms.
All new employees are required to submit:
- a current and clear Criminal Record Check and if applicable, a Vulnerable Sector Check that has been obtained no more than 90 calendar days prior to the hire date;
- a tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months prior to the hire date.
Please visit http://hrnet.gss.org to view all current employment opportunities.
We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.