We're looking for a talented, independent and enthusiastic person to join our team in Edmonton, Calgary, or Vancouver! As a Communications Coordinator in our Culture & Communications department, you'll be the go-to for writing and editing LoKnow's written communication, seeking out promotional opportunities, and developing and implementing communication strategies for LoKnow.
We're LoKnow, a data and targeted-advertising company born and bred in Edmonton and branching out across the western provinces with offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We specialize in building the most efficient digital advertising campaigns imaginable and providing deep-data services. We work with some of the biggest brands across Canada and we make sure ads are seen by the right audience, in the right place, at the right time.
Why should you work here? We value the creativity and insight that each member of the team brings. This is an environment where your ideas and opinions will be respected. We value hard work, but we also know how to have fun doing it.
Diversity at LoKnow
We value the diversity of the people we hire. This means creating a workplace in which differences are recognized, appreciated and respected. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or other considerations. We encourage you to let us know if we can make any accommodations to support your application and throughout the hiring process.
Remote Work at LoKnow
We've always believed in a flexible work environment where employees are empowered to work autonomously in the environment most conducive to their individual performance. Employees have the opportunity to work from home and from the office, subject to provincial and local restrictions. Training will be adapted for an online environment if necessary to accommodate individual role requirements.
What You Can Expect from Us
- Compensation ranging from $26,500 ($20.38/hr)
- $31,000 ($23.85/hr)
- 2 weeks vacation, according to AB/BC Employment Standards
- Unlimited unpaid vacation
- Access to EFAP
- Allowance for mobile phone
- 5 hours/day, Mon-Fri, between 8am-6pm, dependent on scheduling
- Flexible work environment
- Writes and edits a variety of different content to support communications, sales, and marketing efforts, including sales materials, website copy, press releases, and promotional scripts in line with LoKnow's brand standards
- Assists Culture & Communications team in developing and implementing communications and marketing strategies in line with LoKnow's objectives and voice
- Monitors, posts, and updates LoKnow's social media accounts daily
- Monitors the success of communications strategies and gives recommendations
- Assists other departments with client needs when requested
- Researches PR opportunities, such as awards and events, and submits applications as required
- Stays up to date on communications, advertising, and tech industry news and trends
- Supports management in interactions with media and maintains relationships with key members of the press and industry when needed
- Other duties as required
- 2+ years experience in communications or marketing role
- Advanced understanding of communications best practices
- Advanced writing skills for a variety of publications and mediums as well as strong verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Product and industry knowledge
- Critical thinking
- Attention to detail