We're looking for a talented, independent and enthusiastic person to join our team in Edmonton, Calgary, or Vancouver! As a Graphic Designer in our Culture & Communications department, you'll be the go-to for creating visual materials for internal and external use, editing existing materials, and creating digital ad layouts for LoKnow's clients.
We're LoKnow, a data and targeted-advertising company born and bred in Edmonton and branching out across the western provinces with offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We specialize in building the most efficient digital advertising campaigns imaginable and providing deep-data services. We work with some of the biggest brands across Canada and we make sure ads are seen by the right audience, in the right place, at the right time.
Why should you work here? We value the creativity and insight that each member of the team brings. This is an environment where your ideas and opinions will be respected. We value hard work, but we also know how to have fun doing it.
Diversity at LoKnow
We value the diversity of the people we hire. This means creating a workplace in which differences are recognized, appreciated and respected. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or other considerations. We encourage you to let us know if we can make any accommodations to support your application and throughout the hiring process.
Remote Work at LoKnow
We've always believed in a flexible work environment where employees are empowered to work autonomously in the environment most conducive to their individual performance. Employees have the opportunity to work from home and from the office, subject to provincial and local restrictions. Training will be adapted for an online environment if necessary to accommodate individual role requirements.
What You Can Expect from Us
- Compensation ranging from $26,500 ($20.38/hr)
- $31,000 ($23.85/hr)
- 2 weeks vacation, according to AB/BC Employment Standards
- Unlimited unpaid vacation
- Access to EFAP
- Allowance for mobile phone
- 5 hours/day, Mon-Fri, between 8am-6pm, dependent on scheduling
- Flexible work environment
- Works with the Culture & Communications and other departments to create sales materials, new product branding, and keep branded materials up-to-date according to LoKnow's brand guidelines
- Updates LoKnow's website as required, using Wordpress
- Develops branded templates for internal and external use
- Develops ad layouts for LoKnow's clients as requested
- Creates 2D animated product videos using Premier Pro
- Advises on creative efficacy and best practices as needed
- Other duties as required
- Expert understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Basic understanding or Premier Pro, Google Web designer, and Wordpress
- Ability to create graphics, GIFs, layouts, and 2D animations independently
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Time management
- Product and industry knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Clear written and verbal communication