The Centre for Innovation in Manufacturing-Technology Access Centre (CIM-TAC) is RDC's first nationally recognized research centre. CIM-TAC will create capacity in advanced design, design simulation, prototyping, and prototype testing to further the competitiveness of Alberta's manufacturing industry by providing a regionally unique, affordable alternative to in-house research and development. Through customized support that builds on Red Deer College's established Center for Innovation in Manufacturing (CIM), this Technology Access Centre (TAC) will help innovators design, build, and test their creative solutions to advance their company's profitability and capability. Prior to establishing itself as a TAC, RDC's CIM operated for 10 years, providing timely solutions to innovators' manufacturing and design problems by drawing on the College's broad capacities, network, technical capabilities, and multi-skilled technical experts. Ninety percent of CIM's contracts have been with companies that fit the entrepreneur, micro, and small to medium enterprise definition. Our clients recognize CIM experts for their diverse skill sets, capabilities, and responsiveness to unique challenges associated with manufacturing. Given this track record of innovation and success, the CIM-TAC at RDC is destined to grow the success of even more of Alberta's innovative manufacturers.
The Marketing Strategist will develop and implement innovative and effective marketing pieces to support the business development of the Centre for Innovation in Manufacturing-Technology Access Centre (CIM-TAC), while building a positive image of Red Deer College. The CIM-TAC is required to meet several performance indicators, which include significant revenues from industry. The Marketing Strategist, CIM-TAC, is integral to building community engagement through developing and supporting an effective marketing plan. This role provides expertise, recommendations and best practices to achieve the CIM-TAC business needs. Job Duties
CIM-TAC Project Management
- Strategic Planning and Tactical Execution
- Develop internal and external marketing and communication strategies that support CIM-TAC's business needs that align with the overall strategic direction of the College
- Develop marketing plans, using an integrated approach of traditional and digital means
- Assist in outbound or inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, digital media, events planning etc.)
- Work closely with RDC's Marketing and Communications Department to translate business needs into creative solutions, using brainstorming and creative briefs
- Work closely with the Communications team to ensure consistent and optimal online presence
- Manage working relationships with internal service providers (eg. Document Centre, Marketing and Communications) and external vendors (eg. Grant funders, printers, photographers, and media sales representatives) to ensure marketing and communications tactics are implemented effectively and in a timely fashion
CIM-TAC Marketing Strategies
- Develop media plans using an integrated approach of traditional and digital media, ensuring that CIM-TAC business needs are being met
- Develop effective creative ads that meet business needs and adhere to RDC's brand. This includes drafting, editing, and proof-reading content to ensure message resonates with target audiences and fits specifications of a particular medium;
- Implement media plans (ie. contact sales representative to confirm pricing and negotiate pricing as necessary; book advertising; complete purchase requisition and ensure process adheres to purchasing policies outlined by Financial Services)
- Place all social media advertising (eg. Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, You Tube) and monitor effectiveness; change/update messaging as needed to ensure audiences respond
- Research emerging media, new trends and best practices to ensure that CIM-TAC connects most effectively with identified internal and external audiences
- Advise in development of appropriate communications tools to effectively share messages with target audiences
- Through utilizing electronic signage, RDC website, social media, and other communication vehicles, craft communication messages to ensure messages resonate with target audiences and fit specifications of a particular media
- Work closely with Communications Strategists to draft messages for unpaid and earned media (e.g. media relations) and RDC's social media platforms
Measuring Marketing Effectiveness
- Using best practices, develop tools and methods to measure success and ROI of marketing and communications initiatives
- Monitor effectiveness of marketing and communications initiatives; work with requesting department to respond and change tactics as necessary
- Conduct market research and focus groups to set foundation for marketing and communications plans
- Ensure that RDC brand and CIM-TAC's brand is effectively and consistently integrated within all marketing and communications CIM-TAC initiatives, directed internally and externally
- Allocate, utilize and adhere to budgets identified by CIM-TAC department to develop appropriate collateral materials and advertising
- As part of marketing and media plans, recommend appropriate media, frequency and schedule to effectively advertise to identified target audiences, using budgets identified by requesting departments
- Negotiate with external vendors (eg. printers, photographers, videographers) to quote production of required materials Required Qualifications
- Minimum Two (2) years of post-secondary training, completion of a community college certificate in marketing or related field
- Ability to translate business needs, creating and implementing effective marketing and
communications strategy into effective tactical creative solutions that meet business needs
- Strong project management skills gained from experience managing multiple projects
- Ability to write and implement Marketing and Creative briefs
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with graphic production and colour print process
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate requesting department needs
- Flexibility; ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and prioritize projects
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Adobe Acrobat to ensure understanding of creative design process and ability to review and utilize photos and other design elements as required Preferred Qualifications
Four (4) year undergraduate degree, or three (3) year undergraduate degree plus one full additional year of University in a related program representing four years of study or equivalent in marketing or related field Salary or Hourly? Salary Salary $30,330 Annually Benefits and Compensation Information
An additional 15% of the hourly rate in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits. About Red Deer College
Red Deer College's story began in 1964 when our first group of students attended classes that fall. We proudly serve our learners and communities with diverse programs, as well as impressive learning spaces and facilities.
RDC offers more than 100 programs, including applied and collaborative degrees, skilled trades, certificates and diplomas. The College continues to grow programs across a breadth of credentials as it transitions to become a polytechnic university. Once this transition is complete, the institution will officially be known as Red Deer University, offering the same breadth of programs and credentials it offers students now, in addition to its own degrees.
Applied research and innovation are among the ways in which we provide opportunities for students and faculty to collaborate with businesses and entrepreneurs to find solutions to real-world problems.
The College estimates that about 6,200 full-and part-time credit and apprenticeships students will enrol for the 2020/2021 academic year. RDC also provides lifelong learning opportunities to 34,000 youth and adult learners annually in the School of Continuing Education. Our core business, teaching and learning, are at the heart of our institution's mandate, as well as our vision, mission and values.
RDC's main campus is located on Treaty 7, Treaty 6 and Metis ancestral lands. This is where we will strive to honour and transform our relationships with one another. Our people
- students, instructors, staff, and community members
- are who make RDC such a vibrant and welcoming post-secondary institution.