- Content Specialist
- 12 Month Term
Halifax, NS, Canada Req #1043
Friday, January 8, 2021
Eastlink has held the designation as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies for nine consecutive years by delivering world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink's advanced services include Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming on Eastlink TV.
We are looking for a Content Specialist to join our Content Strategy team, part of the dynamic National Marketing team. The role includes day-to-day support and development of content for all Eastlink.ca social, email and owned channels. It focuses on managing updates, maximizing metrics and providing analytics reporting.
This role works closely with National Marketing Managers, the IT team and the Content Strategy team to implement digital strategies to increase traffic, improve compatibility of content with search engines, and continually enhance effectiveness of the channels.
Conduct Research to enhance their content. This may also include identifying relevant topics, fact-checking, and analyzing sources to generate information.
Write and Edit Content by maintaining an appropriate tone in their writing, adhering to their employer's style guide. When editing, content specialists check for errors in grammar, punctuation, and style. Writing for various channels such as email, social media, web, Google, etc.
Create Content Strategies by identifying the aims of their company, seeking to create content that is in line with their employer's goals. They target content to specific audiences and look for content that is in demand. This may involve conducting market research or employing SEO strategies.
Maintain Editorial Calendars by adhering to strict deadlines, ensuring that quotas are met. They maintain the editorial calendar by scheduling due dates and tracking content through the editorial process.
Coordinate with Designers by working with designers, regularly communicating to develop content and ensure that deadlines are met.
Provides website, social media analytics reports for actionable insights.
Troubleshoots any issues in collaboration with IT team.
Collaborates with stakeholders and attends project meetings bringing business requirements back to the Director Online Experience to prioritize business requests within the project plan.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing and communications, journalism, or related field.
- Minimum 2-3 years in content development and publishing.
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS, Google Tag Manager and SEO best practices.
- Experience and publishing capabilities with all social platforms. Experience using social media scheduling platforms such as Hootsuite desired.
- Experience using email scheduling platforms desired but not necessary.
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products
- Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation
- to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience. We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow our goal is to continue to attract the best people. Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here. Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self identify during the application process.
If you're ready to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online.