WildBrain is looking for an experienced Animatic Editor to join our team!
In this role, you will work on Avid to help craft the story with the episodic director and assess scene storyboards, making sure we're getting everything the story requires. We are looking for someone with a track record of animatic editing on episodic television using Avid Media Composer, has a good sense of humor and enjoys being part of a creative team.
This role is set to begin in early 2021.
We are currently working virtually because of the Covid-19 pandemic. During this time our hiring teams are ready to support interviews via video conferencing, and we are enabling artists to work from home until the studio can reopen. We'd love to hear from you! #stayhomestaysafe!Responsibilities :
- Edit and assess the animatic through multiple stages, from initial assemble to final lock
- Trouble shoot scenes/sequences where pacing, story or action isn't working, offer alternative cuts and/or suggestions for storyboard revisions
- Fill in the audio bed with temp sfx & music
- Communicate effectively with the director
- Update and maintain an organized layout for all incoming content and source material for editorial purposes
- Maintain the episode re-use sfx & walla lists
- Manage editorial project/bins/media files efficiently.
- Participate in post meetings and adjust/refine work as indicated by post production supervisor Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of animatic editorial experience (understanding of 2D/3D animation required)
- Strong understanding of post procedures, production and workflow
- Strong understanding of Avid Media Composer editing software is a must
- Strong understanding of the needs of the Story, Animation, FX, Lighting and Compositing departments
- Good communication skills and a collaborative attitude
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Creative and proactive problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized film production school an asset
At WildBrain Studios our teams dig into a diverse range of projects
- from preschool and comedy to action-adventure, and work with international partners such as Apple, Netflix, LEGO, DreamWorks, BBC, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and more. We produce high quality Flash, Harmony, and Maya animated series. Aside from awesome projects and partners, WildBrain puts our people first, here are just a few of the ways:
- Great benefits that make employees feel truly valued including a customizable extended health and dental plan
- Generous RRSP matching
- Bonus time off