Athennian strives to build and operate elegant, user-friendly solutions that streamline difficult workflows and corporate governance management. Our software is a cloud-based legal entity and corporate records management platform. By integrating modern technologies (such as e-Signature, corporate secretary document automation, virtual minute books, and org charts), Athennian easily and effectively facilitates in-house legal subsidiary group management and professional firm corporate client management. Athennian's clients include multinational companies with high volumes of tax-driven and M&A transactions, asset managers, and accounting, tax, finance, and legal teams.
Check out athennian.com for more information.
We believe incredible teams can solve any problem and we strive to be an inclusive workplace where ideas thrive. We are first and foremost an organization of people who are passionate about learning, building, and sharing software to transform the legal industry.
Our team members thrive when they're engaged at work. This includes everything from an engaging environment, deep and meaningful relationships to challenging work. That's why we have a laundry list of opportunities for our people to find what keeps them engaged at work. Whether you want to customize your workspace, show & tell your newest hobby to the team or grow your capabilities with a stretch project
- we're here to help you become the highest performer you can be, while still having fun and connecting with coworkers.
This position is open to remote work options in the following time zones: EST, CST, MST and PST
- 3-5 years of marketing experience in a B2B, SAAS environment
- Content marketing experience including but not limited to:
writing a wide assortment of content types, creating content strategies, editing, copywriting, interviewing SMEs, managing vendors and content creators, developing content calendars, publishing content, reporting content metrics
- History of executing content quickly, staying on deadlines, and producing a consistent flow of content, at least 3-5 pieces per month
- Demonstrated ability to manage and improve SEO including technical SEO
- Proven ability to collect, understand, and report metrics
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Proactive and strategic, solutions first approach
*You will be asked to submit a content portfolio*
- Exposure to legal services
- HubSpot experience
- Webflow experience
- SEO certification
In this role, at 3 months, you will have:
- Learned about Athennian's industry, software, and services well enough to develop detailed content and copy via training courses and interviews with subject matter experts across the company
- Established collaborative and transparent relationships with other members of the Marketing team and members of adjacent teams such as Sales, Product, Engineering, Customer Success, Delivery, and Professional Services
- Optimized the existing content calendar by refining current plans and adding new topics based on strategic positioning including SEO value, technical content, thought leadership themes, and industry practices
- Produced content assets in accordance with the content calendar including blogs, case studies, scripts, white papers, ebooks, landing pages, webinar decks, infographics, research reports, etc.
- Assisted in copywriting including writing copy for advertisements, emails, social media posts, presentations, sales collateral, and webpages
- Taken over the day-to-day relationship management with content vendors, including content writing agencies, SEO contractors, freelance writers, etc.
- Compiled a dashboard of content-related metrics with the support of the Sales Enablement Specialist in order to refine the content strategy
In this role, at 6 months, you will have:
- Managed the production of all content including internally produced assets as well as those created via contractors, freelancers, and agencies
- Developed a content strategy to support lead generation efforts including content for specific marketing channels including Inbound/Organic, Outbound, and account-based campaigns
- Mastered our CMS and other marketing tools in order to become autonomous in your ability to publish and edit content, including content on our blog, website, social media pages, and landing pages
- Taken over all SEO-related functions including the optimization of content pieces as well as webpages in order to improve organic ranking and engagement rates
- Assessed the performance of current content vendors and returned to management with a recommendation on how to proceed
- Worked closely with graphic designers to produce custom graphics for content such as ebook templates, research report charts, blog illustrations, and social media images
- Built a complete content calendar for the remainder of 2021 including a schedule of upcoming content as well as audits of existing content
In this role, at 12 months, you will have:
- Created a style guide for Athennian including tone, use of images in content, tagging, content layouts, and spelling and grammar defaults
- Become comfortable reporting KPIs, analyzing assets, and making improvements based on data
- Grown confident in your ability to create content specific to Athennian and our industry
- Added a substantial amount of content to Athennian's overall library including content designed to target various stages of the marketing funnel, customer journey, and various personas
- Taken a significant role in strategic planning, particularly around how content supports the entire customer lifecycle
- Developed a rolling content calendar for the upcoming year based on the learnings of your first 12 months and the data you have collected
- Positioned yourself as the main editor of content throughout the organization and PR assets such as press releases
Diligent Builder: Ability to design and build scalable systems
Ambitious Learner: Eager to take on new challenges and present innovative solutions
Benefits at Athennian:
Generous vacation/sick/flex days, remote work options, flexible working hours, health/dental/vision/group life/LTD/AD&D/EFAP benefits after 90 days, high growth environment, teambuilding, day-to-day variety (never a dull moment), MacBook for all employees, stock options, and a culture of transparency.