At Mercer, we are creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. When you join us, you bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to a team that values you personally and professionally
- regardless of who you are, what you look like, where you were raised or born, who you love or what your religious beliefs are. You are welcome here.
Mercer Canada Wealth is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Toronto office
Defined Contribution (DC) Delegated Sales Leader
What can you expect?
As our Contribution Delegated Sales Leader, you will report to the Canadian leader of DC and Financial Wellness. Your primary responsibilities will focus on building a sales pipeline and closing sales opportunities specific to Mercer DC Delegated Solution.
What is in it for you?
- At Mercer, we are as invested in creating brighter futures for our own people as we are for our clients. To help you reach your full potential, we offer a culture, benefits and resources that support your wellbeing and career development.
- Mercer's DC Delegated Solution was launched in 2018 and to date has seen tremendous growth and success. Joining our team and focusing on the delegated solution allows you to grow with our success.
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest and most energetic people in the industry, who will nurture, challenge and enable you.
- A dynamic, collaborative and inclusive culture, where diversity is embraced
- and you are celebrated and appreciated for who you are.
- The opportunity to network, share views, and learn from others by getting involved with our Business Resource Groups: PRIDE, Women@Mercer, Racial & Ethnic Diversity and Rising Professionals Network.
- The chance to make a positive difference in your local community by using your paid time off to volunteer through events organized by Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteerism BRG.
- A huge variety of virtual learning and development resources to support your personal and professional growth.
- Competitive rewards supporting your financial wellbeing, including compensation, retirement savings, stock purchase plan, and more.
- Offerings geared at your overall wellness, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and fitness benefits, as well as life insurance and child and elder care programs.
- Generous paid time off and a flexible work schedule that accommodates your home life and commitments outside of work.
We will count on you to:
- Primary responsibilities will include selling Mercer's Delegated Solution to employers for their defined contribution pension plans and savings plans (such as RRSP, DPSP or TFSA)
- A focus on promoting and building the sales pipeline to target employers in the mid to large end of the Canadian market, within a pre-defined territory
- Accountable for maintaining personal sales goals and targets, managing, and growing a strategic portfolio of national or international complex accounts within a specialized area of focus.
- Develops an expansion strategy or an area of specialization and identifies sales priorities by gaining insight on major or nuanced market developments, new or improved internal offerings, and specific account developments and through professional networks.
- Coordinates responses to request for proposals, develops and effectively conducts sales presentations for both new and high-risk accounts within the area of specialization to accurately and successfully convey the business value of the service and/or product offerings.
- Completes the sales process from prospect identification, obtaining and managing pricing, to the completion of final account contracts, leveraging knowledge on historical best-practices and an advanced product and market awareness to negotiate a deal which significantly benefits the both the Business and the account.
- Works closely with the internal delegated solutions team to promote, educate and improve the product offering
What you need to have:
- Ability to own the relationship with large, high-yield accounts and as the business representative ensures mutual relationship satisfaction and that the business is delivering at or above expectations to appropriately and proactively address the account needs.
- You are an invaluable resource within a specialization with distinguished credibility and a professional history and network, to act as the primary point of contact for high-level account stakeholders and internal senior colleagues for present or past accounts.
- Proactively identify opportunities to deliver the firm and maximize cross op co selling to address client needs and generate revenue.
- Delegate, attend, speak and present at relevant industry conferences, prepares and presents feasibility studies and publishes white papers, is a prominent, contributing member of relevant professional organizations and societies to expand and maintain a large professional network, maintain market exposure and represent the company and its offerings.
What makes you stand out:
- You must have 7+ years of industry experience and a minimum of 5 years' experience in a relevant and applicable sales position and/or with a consulting firm.
- Investment background/experience is an asset, including the completion of your CFA designation.
In accordance with applicable legislation, Mercer will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual's particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need please contact via Isarta.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.