The Director of Marketing will report to the VP/GM of Canada Trade and drive the development of market strategies and implement programs and initiatives to retain and grow business in Canada. This position works closely with the Canadian Sales team and our retail partners in collaboration with SharkNinja Global teams (Product, Category Management, Media, and Brand) in order to meet sales & profit, distribution and digital goals. The Director of Marketing will be innovative and strategic and demonstrate strong collaboration and leadership. He/She will also be responsible for leading and mentoring their team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- End to end development and ownership of 360° Marketing Strategies for Shark and Ninja products in Canada, leveraging the US and Global teams for synergies and adapting as necessary for the Canadian Market
- Ongoing evaluation and adaptation of Marketing strategies in response to performance vs. objectives and closely monitoring key KPI's and stewardship of operating budgets
- Demonstrate a deep understanding and continuous study of the Canadian Market, our consumers, our retail partners, and our competitors to identify and act on trends, risks and opportunities
- Work with our Global teams to localize and maximize global product launches
- Partner with Global Brand, Product, Digital, Media and Sales teams to establish and fulfill long and short-term strategic plans and tactics for our products and brands within budget, delivering maximum impact
- Team up with SharkNinja Global teams on the commercialization process for Canadian product launches to ensure local compliance and relevance to achieve prime visibility and impact for our innovation in store, online, and in earned and unearned media
- Lead external agencies to develop and execute Marketing strategies as needed; affiliating with partners that share our vision and drive for success
- Oversee and assist in coordination and execution of physical (retail) and digital product launches, and ensure regular audits for accuracy
- Partner with the local and Global Product, Sales and Category Management teams on the Canadian channel strategy and drive meaningful assortment differentiation as needed for the Canadian market
- Work closely with the sales team to prepare for key customer meetings and line reviews, in order to maximize sales and profitability via mix management, and balancing the needs of both SharkNinja and our retail partners to drive mutual growth
- Lead, mentor and develop team members to accelerate their professional growth.
Attributes and Skills:
- Expertise using both traditional marketing and emerging marketing tools, social, digital marketing, website design and conversion, SEO etc.
- Execution focused; mindful of key milestones and a demonstrated ability to create and adhere to a schedule to ensure success
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills, complimented by effective oral and written communication
- An impactful, engaging and thoughtful storyteller; comfortable delivering presentations in small/large group settings internally/externally as well as to all levels of an organization
- Possess a growth mindset, fueled by fact-based analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Channel expertise across the entire marketing mix; thinks ?outside the box.?
- Curious, driven and visionary; inspired by finding creative solutions that others haven't considered
- Ability to dive deep with the team and other colleagues to drive results
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly analytical mindset with a ROI-focused approach to marketing investment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent relationship building skills; virtually and in-person
- Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, and lead a team capable of doing the same
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently while ensuring organizational alignment and enrollment
- Understands P&L drivers and has experience directing cross functional teams to optimize Revenue and Profit
- Proven ability to influence internal/external partners and build high performing teams
- Able to coach internal and external teams to build best in class marketing strategies, tactics and programs
- Demonstrated marketing technical expertise in traditional marketing (4 P's), traditional and non-traditional media communication, digital and social marketing, event marketing, and shopper marketing.
Education and Experience:
- University degree (BA/BS Degree)
- 10 years of Marketing and or a mix of Sales/Marketing experience within the Consumer Goods Industry with a record of demonstrated achievement in revenue, profitability, and brand stewardship
- Minimum 5 years in a supervisor position, leading a team
- Advanced Microsoft office skills (Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- 10% travel