We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 2,700 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we're defining the cities of tomorrow.
Our exhaustive practice covers the full spectrum of engineering services, from traditional projects to emerging technology-driven fields.
Reporting to the Manager, Global Communications, the Communications Intern position provides an opportunity to learn and thrive in a fast-paced, corporate communications environment. As a valued member of the team, the candidate will perform a variety of daily tasks designed to assist in the execution of public and media relations, social media, internal communications, content management, events and special projects.
This initial six-month role will also support the preparation and publishing of content across the firm's digital properties, including social media, website and internal communications. In this important, hands-on role, you will learn essential on-the-job skills; organization, time-management, the execution of communications, teamwork, and the tasks that make up good business relations.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Content coordination, preparation and production for social media, internal communications and the website
- Social media content development and campaign support, including: coordination and assembly of global content, publishing content via CMS, capturing and archiving notable engagements, and daily community management
- Provide bi-weekly social media analytics reports in global marketing meeting
- Support with preparation of quarterly communications reports
- Select written assignments, including the development of internal stories, web content related to news coverage and events, social media, and other content as required
- Media monitoring: researching and scanning daily news outlets and social media for coverage of IBI Group and/or industry-related topics. Capturing and archiving digital media coverage
- Media list preparation and updates: creating, updating and maintaining media lists
- Logistical tasks related to internal or external events, virtual and IRL where appropriate, including researching venues and webinar tools, assisting with the development and maintenance of invite lists, and taking meeting minutes
- Support communications team with day-to-day tasks and assignments
- Administrative duties as required
You'll need to have:
- Graduate of communications, journalism or public relations program preferred
- Strong social/digital media acumen and interest
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a creative, collaborative environment
- Organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and proactive, with strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and/or Hootsuite an asset
- Interest in smart cities and the firm's core competencies an asset
At IBI Group, the safety of our staff and their families is our top priority. While we continue to work remotely to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, this role is based in our mid-town Toronto headquarters. Candidates residing outside of the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area (GTHA) should consider this when applying.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women's Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record.