Position Description :
In this role you wil:
- Create documents based on engineering drawings, technical information, consultations with the engineering dept. and other available sources;
- Collect and organize information for preparation of user manuals, installation guides, test plans and procedures, design calculations for certification;
- Responsible for extracting information from subject matter experts;
- Co-ordinate with technical leads and designers to develop procedures, test plans and technical documentation based on industry best practices;
- Works with designers, engineers, production staff, and other technical personnel to ensure that the documentation is accurate and up-to-date for each release;
- Create and/or capture necessary graphics including product screen captures, photos, sketches, and engineering diagrams, to insert into user documentation;
- Participate in design and certification reviews, risk assessment/planning and update meetings;
- Effectively communicate with the project manager and the project team;
- Assist in development of project inspection and punch lists;
- Observe production, assembly, and experimental activities to determine installation procedures and review customer specs and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment;
- Recommend and promote improvement of the department initiatives to improve documentation quality and process, on a continuous basis.
Other Desired Competencies:
- Ability to work in a project team environment including open information sharing;
- Motivated and self-directed with the ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- including presentations;
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise written manner.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while recognizing the need to be thorough and accurate;
- The successful candidate must be eligible to meet requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP). Qualifications:
- Technical diploma/degree, preference given to a Technologist or Diploma qualification in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Technology; exposure to more than one engineering discipline in a manufacturing setting is desirable, e.g. mechanical and electronics.
- 5 years technical writing experience (editing manuals, producing training guides, or other technical documentation).
- Advanced MS Office skills in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point. MS SharePoint an asset.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred Company Overview: Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset
- we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).