Stockhouse is an industry leader and an incredibly well-recognized brand for North American specific investment information and content.
The Marketing Specialist role exists to support the activities of the Sales team and responsibilities include building email campaigns, marketing operations, social media, managing trade shows and events, and producing collateral pieces to engage our target market. This position will execute effective, integrated initiatives with Sales to drive new business revenue. The role is very hands-on, collaborative, and accountable to execute the Marketing plan. Reports to VP Sales & Marketing. Capital Markets experience is an asset.
- Execute a marketing strategy to generate inbound sales leads for the Sales team including developing marketing campaigns, online lead generation, collateral, white papers, webinars, promotions, etc.
- Deliver email campaigns: mailing list grooming for contact quality and campaign preparation, set up within templates, manage campaign stats and reporting; marketing operations requires proficient use of Salesforce and WhatCounts. Maintain a clean marketing database incorporating Salesforce updates
- Build, design and execute digital marketing campaigns for clients using Google, Social Media and Newswires
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Client Services & Technology to evaluate ideas for new online products which address Public Company needs; investigate, gather and prioritize requirements; evaluate creative solutions; project manage and facilitate product launch
- Inbound marketing: manage and optimize social media channels
- Organize and manage end-to-end process for trade shows and other corporate marketing events
- Manage assigned B2B and B2C marketing programs on Stockhouse.com
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of inbound marketing strategies
- Very strong experience of social platforms
- Hubspot CRM experience is a plus
- Proven experience working with a CRM for marketing function, manipulating data, producing reports; knowledge of Salesforce will be an asset
- Ability to manage large email campaigns including concept, list preparation, content creation, reporting and analytics; experience using an email marketing platform
- Extremely comfortable with social media including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Strong writer with ability to produce copy appropriate to the communication piece and its audience
- Flexible and adaptable
- Positive attitude, with demonstrated ability to function both independently and collaboratively
- Experience in graphic design with video-editing capabilities
- Experience providing guidance and feedback to Creative Design on campaign creation
- Tech savvy, familiar with SEO, Google Analytics; competency with MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel (Vlookup and pivot tables)
- Solid knowledge of capital markets industry a strong asset
If this opportunity sounds like it's a good match with your skills, background and career direction, please apply with your cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting selected candidates for follow-up.