We are looking for an experienced Lead Editor to join our team! We are looking for someone to lead our department and help further develop our Editorial Department.
Please note this position is open to BC residents only.
Kickstart Entertainment is a growing animation and production studio with locations in Vancouver, Los Angeles, and Hong Kong. We believe in the power of collaboration! It shows in the way we work and the fun environment we create where innovation and creativity thrive.
Our team is built of talented people with diverse skill-sets, so no two Kickstart employees are the same! Together, we handpick a team for each project, based on experience, enthusiasm and the individual goals of our team members. Our approach allows individuals to experience variety in their workload and develop more than one skill set.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assemble work-in-progress and final materials to create various editorial outputs
- materials include storyboards, animation and audio (music, sound effects, dialogue, etc.)
- Work alongside Director(s) and Producer(s) to address internal and external notes, making creative revisions as requested in an iterative workflow
- Set a standard for the Editorial Department with regard to timing of shots in storyboard animatics, making sure they indicate the desired animation output (especially from overseas animation partners)
- Set a standard with regard to QC checks on all exports so that they meet specified internal and external delivery requirements
- Check deliveries from partner studios for technical and QC errors and deliver subclips to them as needed
- Establish and maintain a well organized studio-wide filing system for all projects (so that any editor is able to open any project and know where everything should be)
- Responsible for creating/organizing a re-use library system for storyboards and final animation that can be used for any episode in its series
- Take the lead in building out the Audio & Sound Effects Library, setting a high departmental standard for the use of temp SFX in the animatics and animation sequences
- Delegate editorial tasks to Editors & Assistant Editors and monitor timely completion of such tasks
- Work with Sound House & Finishing House as needed
Experience and Skills Required:
- 3+ years experience working online and offline with Avid Media Composer on storyboard animatics, animation and comp stages of production
- Knowledge of networking multiple Avid systems (Nexis Pro)
- A strong sense of storytelling with the ability to "pre-edit"
an episode before it's presented to the
- Director and make appropriate creative suggestions in reviews
- Extensive experience with audio, music and sound effects
- Experience exporting and delivering multiple files types according to predetermined schedules and delivery specs
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to set a standard for the department to follow that high level of excellence
- An online portfolio showcasing numerous examples of recent work
- Experience working on pre-school productions
- Experience working on both 2D & CG animated series
- Knowledge of other editing software programs (i.e. Premiere, Final Cut Pro).
- Some knowledge of After Effects
- Good sense of visual composition & colour correction
Job Types : Full-time, Contract
Create. Collaborate. Kickstart.