You Found Us...
Or maybe we found you. Either way, welcome to KAR Global. KAR Global powers the world's most trusted automotive marketplaces through innovation, technology, and people. Our-end-to-end platform serves the remarketing needs of the world's largest OEMs, dealers, fleet operators, rental companies, and financial institutions.
We're an analytics company leveraging data to inform and empower our customers with clear, actionable insights. And we're an auction company powering the world's most advanced and integrated mobile, digital and physical auction marketplace.
In 2018, KAR sold nearly 3.5 million vehicles valued at over $40 billion through our auctions and generated $2.44 billion in revenue. More than 50% of vehicle transactions facilitated by KAR companies are executed through our online channels. Our integrated physical, online and mobile marketplaces reduce risk, improve transparency and streamline the experience for customers in over 75 countries. KAR continues to make investments in innovation, strategic acquisitions, and integrations to better serve our customers.
Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, KAR has more than 15,000 employees and maintains business units across the United States, Canada, Mexico, the UK, and Europe. Together, the KAR brands provide a complete remarketing solution for our customers
Who We Really Are:
At KAR Global, we're a high-tech, high-energy, lightning-fast environment where no two projects, customers or workdays are ever the same. As we see it, boredom breeds predictability and fortune favors the bold. We are coding rock stars, digital ninjas and the most fearless sales and operations teams on the planet. We're designers, data analysts, marketers, project managers, trainers and even a few lawyers thrown in for good measure. We're not all ?car people? but we share an obsession for customer service and passion for disrupting the status quo. Addicted to challenge? Thrive on change? Put your creativity, personality, and talent to work and help us transform one of the largest, most dynamic industries in the world
Location: Calgary or Edmonton, AB
Our Core Values: We are FHAB. Fun. Honest. Accountable. Brave.
Take a look at our other benefits here: https://www.karglobal.com/careers/
Reporting to the KAR Global Sales Canada Vice-President of Dealer Sales, the Market Sales Director will be held accountable to a monthly sales budget and individual employee performance in a defined district. As a Market Sales Director, you will be responsible for providing leadership and coaching to the outside sales team
- your Sales Crew. You will hold crew members accountable to all phases of the sales cycle with a focus on building new relationships, driving business in new accounts, and cross-selling solutions and services.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Accurately forecast sales against market budget.
- Maintain accountability and responsibility for the performance of District Sales Managers and the sales crew in your Market.
- Lead the sales Crew by regularly communicating performance expectations and providing direct support as needed to crew members through participation in sales calls or related activities.
- Coach the sales crew to enhance their effectiveness and hold them accountable for results.
- Build and manage an effective sales pipeline.
- Work with District Sales Managers on their weekly and monthly sales plans.
- Invest 3-4 days per week mentoring the Sales Crew on the road and influencing sales results by visiting dealers and delivering the KAR Global value-added proposition with them and on your own
- leading by example.
- Actively promote TradeRev and ADESA amongst franchise and independent automotive dealerships.
- Actively participate in and drive key deals to a close through strong negotiation, proactive positive relationships, and customer-focused solutions
- Provide oversight for constant sales and technical support to current users.
- Establish and maintain an in-depth working knowledge of the current automotive wholesale industry.
- Manage territory realignment issues and communicate required changes to corporate personnel.
- Proactively communicate and maintain excellent working relationships with KAR Global Sales users and partners.
- Proactively communicate with and maintain excellent partnership with ADESA Auction General Manager, Sales Manager and employees.
- Identify, manage, and follow up on leads received through TradeRev.com, ADESA.ca, trade shows, and referrals.
- Manage and update leads and current client accounts within Salesforce.com.
- Manage daily appointment activity and sales calls.
- Ensure that any client account issues are dealt with in an efficient and amicable manner.
- Follow procedures for handling all aspects of customer complaints or disputes and resolve those complaints in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Communicate with and act as a Sr. leader liaison with all KAR companies. Work on joint KAR enterprise-wide proposals.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of proven field sales experience is required.
- Experience in the automotive industry, especially related to technology or inventory management solutions, is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or commensurate professional experience.
- At least two (2+) years of experience required in sales management, training, analytical aptitude, team building required.
- Prior experience with sales and sales management tracking databases, such as Salesforce.com preferred.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with current and prospective clients, while managing multiple accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with all levels of management.
- Confident working in a fast-paced technology focused environment; demonstrated capacity to keep abreast of new technology trends and possible application to real world projects.
- Ability to analyze data, identify market trends, changes and implications, develop objectives, strategies, etc.
- Requires ability to identify and maximize available resources.
- Independent, self-driven and a team player.
- Strong follow-through and tenacious drive to close deals
- Willingness to travel daily and overnight within the region.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle, possess a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be considered.
KAR Global Sales Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. KAR Global Sales Canada is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation