Job Description :
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You're part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You'll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you'll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It's our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that's trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Director, Learning & Business Development Solutions
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be in the following head office locations: London, Winnipeg.
This role will provide leadership, coaching and development to a team of high-performing individuals. The team is responsible for launching and training on new technologies, products, services, processes and best practices to Group Customer Business Development employees. This role will have oversight into developing and implementing educational and professional development programs, managing special services offered to Group Customer's top tier advisors, managing and executing strategic projects as determined by the leadership team and collaborating closely with the leadership team to ensure service training and education needs are being met.
What you will do:
- Foster positive and productive collaborative relationships with business partners on initiatives that impact the field.
- Independently and collaboratively develop and execute training and education programs with the goal of increasing sales and retaining clients.
- Understand the business environment and plan sponsor, plan member, consultant and advisor needs to create a competitive advantage.
- Foster an environment that encourages new approaches, challenges the status quo and inspires creativity and risk-taking.
- Develop strategic technology plans, which include, but aren't limited to, Salesforce usage, and quote and renewal systems.
- Attracts, motivates and develops talent to build the right team to meet the strategic direction and tomorrow's needs; fosters a coaching mindset.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of various internal functions and teams and is knowledgeable about the right contact points to get the support needed to drive Business Development activities.
- Understand how internal initiatives will impact the field, as well as advisors and customers.
- Provide a key voice in sharing the field perspective with head office.
- Have a winning attitude; strong commitment to success; be an effective communicator with varied audiences under challenging circumstances.
- Ensure policy and procedures minimize risk.
- Address and implement communications and training programs to ensure proper understanding related to Compliance/Regulations for Group Life and Health and Group Retirement Services products.
- Be a key contributor within the senior leadership team of Marketing, Communications & Field strategies who helps drive team development.
What you will bring:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 years' experience in the Canadian insurance or financial services industry
- Hold valid financial services designations, such as RPA and GBA
- Experienced team leader and coach with a track record of developing and leading high-performance teams; proven leadership experience
- Track record of working with Group Life and Health &/or Group Retirement Services products and services, plan sponsors, plan members and advisors/consultants
- Strong networking and negotiation skills
- Experience developing and implementing new technologies, strategies or tactics
- Track record of meeting the needs of sales and service field personnel; track record of working with advisors
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted