Job Requisition Id: 97261
Business Function: Sales
Primary City: Toronto
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Language Requirement: Bilingual Imperative (BBBB)
Employee Class and Level: SL 01
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 02/04/2021
The Sales Collaborator contributes to the overall sales cycle achievement of the Sales Team performance goals and targets, by utilizing their in-depth knowledge of CPC products and services and working collaboratively with the Sales Team to build successful sales proposals, business cases and Requests for Proposals (RFPs). The Sales Collaborator promotes and supports marketing campaigns and special corporate marketing initiatives leveraging sales opportunities when dealing with commercial customers.
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Sales Collaborator.
- Prepares customer contracts/agreements, reviews the terms and conditions with the customer, and finalizes the sales contract based on research and analysis of customer needs and their products and services. Contact customers directly to obtain additional information/validate existing information. Maintains a good understanding of existing agreements and customer needs including leveraging sales opportunities by closing sales where volume commitment is not required
- Works collaboratively with Sales Team to draft successful sales proposals and business cases and effective internal communications including research and analysis of market trends, competitor landscape, customer strategies, etc. Conducts research and analysis and provides information in response to various requests related to Corporate initiatives, RFPs and others
- Works collaboratively with Sales Team to prepare effective presentations for internal/external audiences. Organizes and/or participates in internal meetings related to sales requirements and updates
- Provides analysis and support of internal and external sales report; including revenue trends, variances and targets. May contact customers directly to obtain additional information to explain variances and/or specific occurrences. Monitors contracts for compliance and to ensure declared revenues are actually received
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
- Captures, maintains and updates all sales-related activity information in relevant corporate database systems, including customer contact information, market and competitive intelligence. This includes supporting customer moves, contact/authorized user changes, etc. to ensure invoices are sent to the right individuals and that revenues are actually received
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal functional areas such as Customer Service, Marketing, Operations and Lines of Business (LOB) to facilitate effective communication and collaboration to support the Corporation's sales objectives
- Maintains knowledge of Canada Post products, services and rates as well as, ongoing sales activities and relevant policies. Gains and maintains knowledge of key competitor products, pricing, strengths and weaknesses. Maintains and grows additional knowledge of effective selling techniques
- Supports all Corporate and LOB initiatives including being the focal point for validating customer information for various initiatives, including but not limited to, market research activities, target studies or other Corporate initiatives
- Post-secondary degree/diploma (equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of a Post-secondary degree/diploma)
- Minimum 2 years' experience working as a Sales Associate OR
- Minimum 1 years of experience working in a Telemarketing or Telesales environment PLUS minimum 1 year of commercial business to business or consumer sales experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. understand the major features of each software application).
Other Candidate Requirements
- Not Applicable
- Not Applicable
Bilingualism in French and English is required.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Decision Making - A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability - An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
- A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution - A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
- A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post's corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation - We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer - We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity - We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect - We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety - We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders