The Marketing Director, Pet Nutrition Canada will report into the Pet Canada General Manager and will be a part of the Pet Canada Leadership team. The objective of the role will be through customer and competitor understanding develop the quality growth strategy for the Canadian Pet Nutrition business, to become the undisputed #1.
- Key characteristics to be demonstrated in this role include:
- Digital Marketing tactician: broad knowledge and experience of digital marketing tactics
- Marketing strategist: ability to develop and execute a strategic marketing plan, with strong understanding of ROI
- brand, creative and consumer insight expert: expert at understanding the consumer, and unlocking insights for action.
- Strong leader: marketing function and thought leader, build a high performing team, strong business leader and integral member of the management team.
- Not in scope in this role:
- Product innovation development (leverage the NA innovation pipeline)
- Creative development (leverage global & NA assets)
What are we looking for?
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably a BA/BS in Marketing or Business Administration. An MBA or other graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a top CPG company at a Director level, having to influence senior stakeholders across multiple groups and outside of Canada.
- 8+ years' experience in traditional consumer packaged goods environment, with operational leadership of multiple brands, segments or categories (ideally in a food or beverage company).
- P&L leadership and demonstrated success in managing a portfolio of Brands.
- Broad knowledge and experience of Marketing tactics
- customer acquisition, lifecyle/retention, consumer experience and community building.
- Strong Analytical skills and conversance with technology.
- Ability to develop and execute a strategic Marketing plan with specific tactics evaluated against business metrics.
- Ability to evaluate ROI and business drivers of the Marketing plan.
- Expert at understanding and unlocking key consumer insights about the category, brand and consumer.
- Translates insights into impactful and motivating messages that encourage brand trial and loyalty.
- Build, lead and mentor a team of high performing world class Marketing organization.
- Business leader who is a key part of the management team and can drive and foster true partner relationships across Canada and NA, includes peer groups and cross functional teams.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Develop and execute a 3-year portfolio strategy that will drive quality growth ahead of the category. Develop annual brand plans that maximize ROI and enables Mars to ?feeds more pets?. Partner with Sales to maximize mutual value creation for Mars and our top customers (in store and on line).
- Developing a data driven culture
- Understand the Pet Parent and their path to purchase. Uncover insights, and recruit pet parents through 1-1 relationships, when and where they are most receptive.
- Accelerating digital marketing
- Accelerate 1P data capability driving efficient & effective digital campaigns.
- Transforming shopper marketing & recruitment
- Leverage data to drive excellence in 360 execution with partner customers.
- Work with NA Marketing to streamline and simplify WOW, especially on innovation project management, freeing up Canada marketing to have more time to focus on local activation. Define the role of Canada within the NA Marketing ecosystem.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Chance to work on world-renowned brands such as Pedigree, Whiskas, Iams & Nutro.
- Opportunity to make the world a better place for Pets.
- Opportunity to work with one of the largest privately held organizations
- An industry competitive compensation plan
- The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please review Mars Canada's Accessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy via Isarta.