Shogun is on a mission to help brands create the best ecommerce experiences in the world, and in the process, become the world's best remote company.
We've been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices
- we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in North America.
In This Role You Will...
- Develop compelling product positioning and messaging that differentiates Shogun products.
- Communicate the value proposition of the products for sales enablement and develop the sales tools that support the selling process.
- Participate in the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional execution of launches.
- Drive market intelligence through in-depth industry and competitive analysis, while consistently devising programs that outpace the competition.
- Work with the content team to influence thought leadership and increase awareness of our products with key personas and influencers.
- Understand customer stories, use cases and value as input into overall go-to-market efforts.
- Serve as Shogun expert and spokesperson.
- 6+ years of software or SaaS product marketing experience
- 2-3 years of experience in the ecommerce or design software industry, experience with targeting SMB/mid-market is a plus.
- Experience driving go to market strategies for platforms and/or ecosystems
- Experience leading efforts in positioning, pricing, segmentation, and packaging new and existing products into market
- Demonstrated success in product launches and end-to-end execution of supporting marketing strategies.
- Ability to operate independently across a set of cross-functional partners to build out new programs and initiatives
- A tendency to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent team player mentality. People and management skills to interact with exec team, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Strong communication skills a must; written and oral
- Prior start-up experience
- Domain expertise in ecommerce
- Experience working remotely
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work
- We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States and Canada, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship.