Head of Communications, Canada
About this role
Devise and implement internal and external communications strategies for Purdue Pharma (Canada) including corporate reputation, internal communications, product-related non-promotional communications and issues management.
As a member of the global Communications team, this position will in addition lead and support global communications strategies and issues management. This is an individual contributor role.
Elvium Life Sciences is a subsidiary of Purdue Pharma (Canada). This role will be employed by Purdue Pharma (Canada).
- Create and implement external communications strategies and plans for Canada to engage, influence, and deliver business outcomes in line with corporate strategy and legal guidance
- Provide effective issues management counsel, support and execution, aligned with global positioning
- Aligned with global internal communications strategy and in partnership with HR Business Partner Canada, develop and implement internal communications plans that align with the business and people strategy and delivery of transformation initiatives
- Lead and implement key internal communication activities for example, communications for SVP Canada, town halls, and intranet content plan
- Ownership of external platforms such as LinkedIn and company website, and devise appropriate content and issues management strategies for these platforms
- In line with the global reputational risk framework, enable early warning of potential issues in Canada that could impact the business, its reputation and it brand. Lead and develop strategies to mitigate and proactively avoid reputational challenges in the region.
- Working with Legal and Scientific Affairs represent with government and other key political institutions and NGOs. Develop policy initiatives that create ?win-win' opportunities for company and priority governments in Canada.
- In line with global communication strategies, devise and implement communications strategies and plans for Canada for new product introductions, regulatory milestones, and portfolio strategies
- Build relationships with target media, ensure media enquiries are managed in a timely and consistent manner and serve as a spokesperson for the company
- Lead and support global external communication priorities and issues management as needed
- Work with Communications Leadership Team to ensure aligned communications across all internal and external audiences. Contribute fully to the team to enable professional development for all team members and communications excellence
- Build excellent partnerships and ways of working with other key functions including marketing, legal, finance, regulatory affairs and HR
- Minimum of seven years communications leadership experience
- Experience in a regulated industry, pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Must have expertise in media relations and media strategy, ideally with a solid network of contacts in tier one and healthcare media in Canada
- Proven experience in effective issues and change management
- Effective communications coach and counsel to senior executives
- Experience working in fast-paced, global matrix organizations with cultural awareness and international mindset
- Flexible and adaptable to changing needs and priorities
- Problem solver with strong judgement and commercial awareness
- Hands on, results orientated, resilient and self-starter
- Inclusive, collaborative, and comfortable operating at senior levels
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. French as additional language would be desirable
Purdue Pharma (Canada) is proudly an equal opportunities employer. We believe that when we celebrate and prioritize diversity, we unlock potential, innovation, and access to opportunity. We welcome all qualified candidates to bring their unique value forward and apply. If you have any accommodation needs throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.