This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative not-for-profit, in an environment that is committed to promoting continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy and Community Engagement the Manager of Community Engagement is a self-motivated individual who will oversee and produce high-quality content that engages the community and builds brand recognition.
This Manager position will leverage and work to grow Cool Aid's brand and enhance fundraising campaigns. Main duties will include content writing, press releases, publications, signage and branding, articles, and media opportunities to share Cool Aid's brand, stories, and services. The successful applicant must be a strong communicator, with excellent presentation and organizational skills.
The Manager, Community Engagement acts as content creator for select grant proposal submissions (up to 8 hours per week). They will develop, write and edit clear, compelling and creative proposals/grant applications while managing the grant process from start to submission, including reporting for successful grants. Depending on the candidate and number of grant opportunities, grant writing may be contracted out and the Manager's role will be to supervise the grant writer.
The successful applicant will have the knowledge and skills to gather and analyze statistical and anecdotal data, represent Cool Aid at select community groups while creating internally focused communications for staff that informs on key highlights and projects that promotes internal engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience creating targeted content.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Three (3) plus years proposal/grant writing experience with a proven success in securing grants, preferably in the non-profit/fundraising sector.
- Complete the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Criminal Record Check.
- Hourly Wage Rate: $35.05.
- Work Location: Cool Aid Administration
- 101-749 Pandora Ave.
Work Days: Monday
Shift Times: May range from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Weekly Hours: 40 hours per week
- Union: Exempt.
- Benefits Eligible for 100% employer paid benefits including pension, health and dental care
- Job Type Permanent