Our content is one of the first things our customers see when they use our products. We want to create a great first impression, excite our customers, educate them on the possibilities, help them when they run into issues, and enhance our company brand.
We are now looking for someone to join our global team of Technical Writers! The ideal candidate is a keen learner who enjoys being a Subject Matter Expert, excels at research, loves being an early product user, passionately advocates on behalf of customers, and develops world-class content that is perfectly pitched to our users.
Role and Responsibilities
- In this role, you'll develop a variety of content, including user, admin, and developer guides, step-by-step how-to tutorials and videos, FAQs, web page copy and blog posts
- You'll understand our customers: their point of view, knowledge level, skill sets, preferences, and pain points. You'll do this by working with our UX researchers to survey and test customers, and our Support Engineers to learn about real-world use cases and issues. With this knowledge, you'll pitch your content to the right audience using the right language with the right context and scope.
- You'll become a Subject Matter Expert. You'll master our technologies: phones, tablets, and watches; Android and Tizen operating systems; Java and C programming languages; and REST APIs and scripting languages. You are a disciplined self-learner, making use of a variety of methods to become proficient fast.
- You'll optimize quality, by analyzing metrics, reviewing customer feedback, and continually improving our content. And you'll enhance internal efficiency and productivity, by researching the latest tools and methods; proposing new ways of working; and training team members during transitions.
- You'll manage projects, by leading them from inception to deployment to maintenance to deprecation. You are an effective collaborator in gathering stakeholder requirements and building consensus, but can also work independently to develop solutions and troubleshoot issues.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Communications, or equivalent
- Excellent proficiency in English, ability to explain highly complex concepts in plain English
- Ability to understand new and complex technologies quickly
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Problem solving skills, ability to find the root cause of issues and troubleshoot them yourself
- Project management skills to lead initiatives and collaborate with stakeholders
- Agility in multi-tasking in a rapidly changing environment with hard deadlines
- Understanding of how to succeed on a global team in different time zones
- At least 2 years of technical or business writing experience
- Knowledge of Samsung mobile devices and mobile device management systems
- Experience with HTML and CSS: troubleshooting issues, updating design and layout
- Experience with video development: storyboarding, scripting, screen recording, production
- Experience with writing tools like MadCap Flare, Word
- Experience with code repositories like Git, Perforce
- Knowledge of API reference generation using Javadoc, Doxygen, Swagger