For over 160 years, our greatest asset has been the resiliency of our people. We are a community of makers and creators. Activators and achievers. Fearless innovators and tireless visionaries whose staunch determination and adaptability continue to fuel everything that we do. We are in search of strong candidates that are prepared to build with integrity, progress together and reimagine what is and what can be. Join us as we reinvent the future of Armstrong Flooring.
Armstrong Flooring, Inc. (AFI) has an opportunity as a Market Manager located in the Vancouver, Canada market. The Market Manager will be joining an established team of sales professionals to collectively drive sales. The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving or exceeding budgeted sales, volume, mix, and profitability targets by writing specifications for Armstrong Flooring products with the architectural and design (A&D) community as well as with relevant end-users. Efforts will be supported by exclusive wholesale distribution partners and their sales reps. The successful candidate will currently have, or quickly develop strong and powerful connections within the architectural & design community and with end-users to drive and close flooring specifications required for key projects in the healthcare, education, office and specialty-retail market segments.
Location: Vancouver, Canada
How you'll contribute to the team:
- Develop and maintain a preferred manufacturer status with key A&D firms, major end-users and flooring contractors
- Partner with the local distributor to close projects, administer pricing to support key projects, site inspections/claims when necessary, and product knowledge and training
- Drive and grow profitable sales of Armstrong Flooring products with key flooring contractors and buying groups/affiliations
- Build relationships with distributors to achieve customer satisfaction and financial goals via joint-travel to key customers, sales promotions and presentations
- Communicate and implement pricing, marketing programs, promotions, and initiatives to drive the business
- Executing new product launch initiatives with distributor reps, A&D and end users and at the flooring contractor level
- Develop local and regional promotions within established budgets to drive sales and gain market share for maximum return on investment of time and capital
- Execute the sales call process and accurate job tracking as the opportunity and account management repository for all activities
- Set the stage, find facts, listen and present the total Armstrong value across all product segments which may include cross-selling residential products to meet the customer's need
- Manage objections and find solutions for targeted accounts
- Regularly make joint sales calls with distributor sales representatives and management personnel with the primary emphasis to close business
- Monitor and evaluating the market, activities and products of the competition
- Identify SWOT and developing plans to address issues, problems and opportunities
- Prepare monthly reports of activity, results, action items, business transactions and keep detailed expense reports for travel and activities in the territory
What you'll bring to the table:
- BA degree preferred
- A strong track record of achievement; experience as a top performer with outstanding result
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to learn quickly, results-driven attitude, and a high energy level
- Desire to sell a great brand and great products within an appropriate spectrum of price range
- Consultative selling, strong communication, influencing, negotiating, analytical, time/project management skills are essential
- Demonstrated ability and experience to effectively manage multiple relationships and priorities.
- Valid driver's license
We'll be excited if you have:
- Construction, project management or interior design industry experience
You'll see it in the vibrant colors of your school hallway, doctors and nurses will walk it while caring for your loved ones, your family will gather on it while creating everlasting memories. We are North America's #1 producer of resilient flooring products and our mission is to inspire great spaces.
That's us. That's Armstrong Flooring.
Community & Philanthropy: We have a heritage of investing millions of dollars in programs that enhance the neighborhoods where we live and work. Additionally, we're proud that our employees regularly and willingly give of their time and talents to support the efforts of local organizations
Sustainability: Armstrong Flooring has a long-standing reputation for sustainable innovation, starting with using cork waste to make linoleum floors over 100 years ago. We continue to develop products that have lower environmental footprints, and in some cases, reduce the environmental footprints of the buildings where they are installed.
At Armstrong Flooring, every employee has a development plan and discussions around career growth. We have many employees with diverse backgrounds and career paths. We offer the following opportunities which promote a growth culture:
- On-the-Job training
- Instructor-led & online courses
- Job shadowing
- Cross-functional team projects
- Choice of competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- effective Day 1 of employment
- Prescription plan with mail-order options
- Paid vacation with graduated schedule & option to purchase more
- Paid holidays
- Annual incentive plan
- Product discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company celebrations & department gatherings
- Recognition program
- Service awards
- Casual work environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong Flooring provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.