Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- 24 Hours/Week
Accessible Housing opens doors for people with limited mobility to enhance dignity through
accessible homes that are appropriate and affordable. By providing a continuum of housing and
supports, we work to ensure that everyone has a home and belongs in community.
For more information about Accessible Housing, please view our website at
Job Overview :
Reporting to the Director of Fund Development, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator
responsibility is developing (as required) coordinating, implementing and evaluating the overall
communication and marketing strategies for Accessible Housing. The successful candidate
enjoys marketing and communications, strategy, data and relationship building, while
understanding the vital importance these concepts play in overall fundraising efforts. Your skills
and imagination will support the organization to innovate and engage both internal and external
relationships to ensure Accessible Housing is well known throughout the city.
- Principles and Values: ?
- Promote agency values: integrity, community, compassion and empowerment. ?
- Promote teamwork by creating a supportive, collaborative and open work environment with both the broader organization. ?
- Demonstrate knowledge of agency philosophy, work in an ethical manner, and represent agency in a positive manner.
Key Responsibilities :
- Promote organizational values: integrity, community, compassion and empowerment. ?
- Commit to ensuring that the mission and vision of Accessible Housing is supported by strategic communication by providing leadership, direction and management of communications and marketing. ?
- Generate unique, innovative marketing plans that increase and raise awareness of the goals of Accessible Housing. ?
- Work closely with fund development and support fund development initiatives, including editing funding applications, creating collateral for donor engagement and campaigns. ?
- Support annual events and ensure an aspect of fundraising is forefront in any public engagement, and oversee event volunteers.
- Writing, Design and Creation: ?
- Oversee the production, printing and distribution of various publications, resources and products, involving liaising with graphic designer, photographers, printers and contractors to determine requirements, negotiate timelines and establish production terms. ?
- Translate information about strategy, programs and impact, into effective communication pieces for the various audiences. This could include cases for support, proposals, reports, appeal letters, speeches and thank you letters. ?
- Ability to create engaging stories to showcase the successes and challenges faced by the clients/residents of Accessible, driving the audience to support the organization. ?
- Use Accessible Housing's tone and writing style in communications but able to shift tone/style for different contexts from newsletter articles to reports. Helps shape organizational writing style/tone towards continual improvement as communications expectations evolve over time. ?
- Work collaboratively with others to create plans for emerging initiatives, programs and programming including key messages, frequency and communication channels. ?
- Produce and distribute internal and external newsletters on an established schedule.
- Social Media Management: ?
- Manage the organization's social media platforms including; creating social media plan/calendar, creating content, monitoring comments/reactions, scheduling posts and interacting on sites. ?
- Responsible for generating regular reports on social media performance and stats for the Executive Director and Director of Fund Development. ?
- Analyze performance metrics on social media and make recommendations for all social channels.
Qualifications and Experience : ?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing/communications and/or public relations. ?
- Relevant post-secondary education. ?
- Experience in event design, coordination and implementation. ?
- Experience in social media implementation and digital marketing. ?
- Experience in graphic design and website. ?
- Strategic thinking and the ability to assess situations (internal and external to the
- organization) and understand possible implications and make sound judgments. ?
- Ability to adapt to various roles, manage numerous projects simultaneously with
- numerous deadlines and changing parameters. ?
- Strong project management skills. ?
- A passion for building online communities and managing digital audiences. ?
- Strong editing and proofing skills. ?
- A demonstrated high level of drive and self-motivation. ?
- Proven relationship building skills, with the ability to build trust and provide a high level of
- customer service. ?
- Strong writing ability with flexibility to write in a variety of styles and to different
- audiences. ?
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively and manage competing priorities. ?
- Expertise with WordPress is a requirement. ?
Strong computer skills
- MS Office: Word, Outlook required; Adobe Creative Suite:
- InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop if possible. ?
- Valid Driver's License and Vehicle. ?
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Working Conditions: ?
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator works in an office environment but may be required to work in various locations. They must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation. ?
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator works a 24 hour work week with the understanding that flexibility in their schedule may be needed to meet organizational needs. This may include some evenings and weekends. ?
For the time being while COVID-19 is a factor, this position may be required to work remotely, or a combination of office and remote work. This may change at any time based on Accessible Housing's discretion.
If you are looking for a rewarding career at a growing organization, please apply with your
resume and cover letter and cite Marketing and Communications Coordinator in the subject
Closing Date for Applications: Until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all candidates for expressing an interest in this position and we will be in touch with
those candidates demonstrating the best fit for the organization's needs.