There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: Canada (CA)
- Saskatoon or Regina (other locations in Saskatchewan or Alberta may be considered)
Function: Marketing / Sales
Title: Summer Intern
- Agriculture & Turf Division
Term: 4 months, May to August 2021
Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada in order to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role.
COVID-19 Safety: John Deere has implemented additional precautions to ensure the health and safety of our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. This position may involve a mix of remote and on-site work to align with guidance from the government, community and John Deere precautions.
As an Intern in the Sales and Marketing Department with the Agriculture & Turf Division, you will lead a key tactical marketing project focused on market and industry analysis. You will have an opportunity to learn from and work closely with the division leadership team and field teams located across the country. In addition, you will:
- Execute a comprehensive marketing plan to assist dealers in achieving market preeminence
- Understand the value drivers of the target customer segment
- Participate in training related to product, sales, and marketing processes
- Learn about the John Deere distribution and sales channels
- Work with our network of John Deere dealers to delivery key tactical marketing initiatives to the retail channel
What Skills You Need
- A strong passion for agriculture and knowledge of Canadian agricultural practices
- Marketing background and a mechanical aptitude
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a curious and creative mindset
- Strong work ethic with a genuine desire to lead and succeed
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office plus intranet and internet functions
- Ability and willingness to travel between 50-75% (within Canada and the US)
- Valid Canadian driver's license
What Makes You Stand Out
- Bilingual communication skills (French/English)
- Experience operating John Deere farm equipment
- Social media and marketing experience
- Current student enrolled in an Agricultural, Commerce, Engineering or related degree program
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered. An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.