In all we do, we have the freedom to be our best self, belong, excel....
Join a community-focused team that thrives on doing things differently to better serve our residents. We are an award-winning municipality applying two hundred years of small-town independence and collaboration toward a future of innovation and prosperity. Located on the shores of Lake Simcoe, Innisfil is centrally located and combines big city access with small-town feel.
We focus on helping our employees effect change with nimble decision making, taking risks, real time learning and through professional development. Across our affiliated organizations, we collaborate to ignite meaningful change in how we offer municipal and essential services. We operate with a ?One Town, One Team, One Customer' philosophy. Our teams have the freedom to propose, test and pilot creative solutions which has led to Innisfil being the first community in the world to develop a public transit system powered by ride-sharing, and the second to accept cryptocurrency for property tax payments. Our newest project, The Orbit, is a cutting-edge, dense community of up to 150,000 people, centred around a new GO Rail Station that will blend the best of urban and rural lifestyles: ?Rural Reimagined!?
We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative self-starter to champion corporate communications, public relations, graphic design and community engagement activities across our unified ?One Town, One Team? group of affiliated organizations. Directly in line with our Community Strategic Plan: Innovative Innisfil 2030, you will build and promote corporate branding and increase public awareness with a ?Community First? approach. The Communications/Community Engagement Coordinator will also be responsible for:
- Developing effective communication strategies, initiatives, and compelling materials across a number of Town platforms.
- Creating awareness and support of Town projects, community relations, corporate campaigns, and special events.
- Planning, designing and executing social media marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Overseeing Town and ideaLAB & Library digital assets, including websites and providing training and support to staff.
- Providing public relations support and acting as a media liaison, as well as delivering copywriting, news releases and other written communications materials.
The preferred candidate holds:
- A college diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline including Communications, Public Relations, Community Development, Graphic design, Journalism, Marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a corporate communications, community engagement/community outreach role, or graphic design role.
- Expertise in social media, media metrics and measurement, in addition to knowledge of established and emerging social platforms.
- Experience in a public sector environment is an asset.
- A valid Class ?G? driver's license in good standing is required as is a reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
To apply to this position, submit your application online though our applicant tracking system. In the event you require an alternate method of submitting your application, please contact the Town's People & Talent team by calling 705-436-3710.
Closing date is February 8, 2021.
The Town of Innisfil is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplaces. We are passionate about attracting and retaining individuals who represent the diversity in our own community and beyond, as we work together to best serve our residents. We inspire one another in an inclusive environment where all individuals belong and are valued, respected and uplifted.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information will be used to determine eligibility for potential employment and is pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, please contact People & Talent.
Please note that unless otherwise specified in the job ad, the job posting will close at 11:59 pm on the evening of the closing date.
2021.07 Communications Community Engagement Coordinator JD.pdf
Apply to this Job