Why Join Our Team:
Solace provides solutions to the world's leading enterprises via our unified event-driven messaging platform in the cloud and on premise. Our platform helps our customers solve use cases such as hybrid cloud, IoT, microservices, and big data distribution intelligently, securely, reliably, and in real-time.
We are looking for a Social Media Marketing Specialist for a 2-3 month temporary term. This position will be instrumental in assisting the Solace marketing and brand teams with creating, managing, and posting content to our various social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube). This position will be tasked with ensuring that Solace's voice is accurately represented in online posts.
- Craft drafts for social posts from technical videos/webinars, blog posts, and upcoming events.
- Create custom images for a variety of social platforms (using Canva.com).
- Collaborate with the Solace content marketing team to stay on top of all new published content, including: videos, case studies, webinars, demos, whitepapers, blog posts and more.
- Manage and update social media content tracking system with new requests, drafts, scheduling, and post history.
- Stay on top of new trends, best practices, and changing algorithms for social media platforms.
- Craft social posts for videos/webinars, blog posts, upcoming events
- Occasionally help craft and update assets such as collateral, newsletters, data sheets, whitepapers, etc.
- Track metrics and report on findings.
- Utilize tools like Buffer for scheduling, Asana for assigning and managing tasks, Airtable for process tracking, and Canva for designing.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while keeping the lines of communication open.
- Ensure that all contents are accurate, timely, relevant, compelling, and appropriate for the intended audience.
- An ability to take existing (often highly technical) content and craft brief messages to target different audiences.
- An eye for design! In some cases, fresh images for social posts will need to be created and they must fit with our brand and unique style.
- An ability to show initiative in searching for the appropriate information and tagging structure when crafting social posts.
- Must be able to lawfully work within Canada and have unrestricted work authorization for Canada
Nice to Have Skills:
- Can-do attitude, self-driven and proactive, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A self-starter attitude and an ability to run with projects with (at times) minimal direction
- Excellent multi-tasking, prioritization, and time management skills to stay on top of incoming requests.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Initiative and exercise good judgment.
What Makes Us Great:
- Our team! Work with some of the smartest individuals in the business
- We believe in work life balance
- Flexible work environment
- Amazing customers
- We are Social
- we like to keep things simple and fun!
- We are one of the top-ranked employers on Glassdoor
- Solace in 2 Minutes
- Solace and the Hybrid Cloud
- Learn more about us & how we are supporting employees, customers & partners during COVID-19 @ Solace.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted. Solace welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.