International Communications & Marketing Specialist
End Date (if applicable)
Centre for International Experience
Working with us
The Centre for International Experience, (CIE), is responsible for the internationalization of Capilano University, including the promotion, recruitment, admission, transition and retention of international students from around the world, as well as creating opportunities for students, faculty and employees to engage in international experiences.
The International Communications Specialist (ICS) provides, develops, and maintains effective communications associated with the CIE's International Student Enrollment Management (I-SEM) process, to transition international students from prospect to alumni. Communications activities include, print materials, newsletters, forms, website content and social media. In addition, the ICS creates standardized communications for customer/client relationship management, using the department's customer relationship management (CRM) tool. The International Communications Specialist ensures CIE communications are comprehensive, culturally sensitive, and maintain adherence to the university brand.
The ICS will develop and maintain the CIE customer relationship management (CRM) tool and will create and maintain communications strategies focused on prospective students, current students and alumni, also agents, international school counselors and other import CIE stakeholders.
The position is part of the CIE team and reports to the Director, Centre for International Experience.
What you'll do
- Maintains the customer relationship management (CRM) database, responsible for user authorities, data integrity, report writing, communications design and scheduling, template development, and other CRM related duties; including training team members on the use of the CRM tool.
- Supports the Director, CIE, in creating a CRM communications strategy, for all customer groups including messaging, artwork/design, website content, social media, newsletters, e-mail, photos and other mass communications approaches.
- Design and create CIE communications that develop, build and maintain effective and mutually rewarding stakeholder relationships.
- Supports the efficiency goals of the department by creating appropriate forms, letters and templates, which integrate with the CRM tool.
- Ensures all CIE communication design and art work are consistent with University brand standards, and have the appropriate context and releases to protect privacy and copyright regulations
- Coordinates CIE's contributions to blogs, social media, websites on university media outlets, and responses are redirected to appropriate staff, ensuring reviewed by the University's Communication and Marketing department.
- Supports recruitment activities in collaboration with the Recruitment Manager, creating promotional presentations, webinars, and virtual tours.
- Monitors, responds, and updates communications as appropriate, and collates CRM data in support of department performance indicators/metrics.
- Works collaboratively with the managers and staff within the CIE functional areas, to develop appropriate communications.
- Collaborates with academic programs, Information Technology, the Registrar's office, Communications and Marketing, and students at Capilano University, to ensure consistency and accuracy in messaging and develop promotional materials.
- Assists with projects that encourage student engagement and collaborates with team members on activities that support international student recruitment, the student experience, and related initiatives.
- Performs other duties related to the purpose and scope international experience.
- May be required to take training and act in the capacity of a floor warden as part of the University's Emergency Preparedness Plan (fire, earthquake, WHMIS).
What you'll bring
- Completion of a two year post-secondary diploma in a relevant field.
- Two years' recent work experience in a marketing, communications or public relations role, which included CRM and social media responsibility; or similar experience that can be directly applied to this position.
- Reading, writing and speaking fluency in English and in another language, consistent with current department language needs, to support communications with a broad range of recruitment activities, and international students and stakeholders.
For more information
For more information, please see the complete
At Capilano University, we understand that there is more to life than work. That is why we offer comprehensive benefits and support to help you and your family live a balanced life.
Take a sneak peek to see what it is like to work at Capilano University.
Days and Hours of Work
Our standard work week is Monday to Friday, 8:30am
- 4:00pm. This position is currently online and may include evenings, weekends and non-standard work weeks.
Bridge Period (if applicable)
$4,620.00 per month (with increments to a max of $5,198.00) based on a 35 hour work week.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled