6133 University Boulevard, 6133 University Boulevard, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Req #4
Monday, January 25, 2021
The Alma Mater Society (AMS) is the University of British Columbia's (UBC) student society, and works to improve the academic, social and personal lives of the 56,000 UBC students at its Vancouver campus. The AMS also runs nine food and beverage outlets, a catering and conference operation, and the AMS Student Nest, providing on-campus employment opportunities and generating revenue that goes directly back into supporting the students at UBC.
Position title: Marketing Coordinator
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Manager
Employee status: Permanent, Salaried, Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5 hours
You're a young marketing professional who enjoys working on diverse marketing projects and campaigns. Not the type to learn one thing at a time, you want to jump right in and learn by doing.
The AMS of UBC is looking for a talented Marketing Coordinator to join our team. As Canada's largest student union, we represent over 56,000 students across UBC Vancouver campuses. Over our 105 year history we have helped shaped the university into what it is today. From demanding the construction of the Point Grey campus in 1923, to spearheading three student union buildings and keeping tuition affordable, the AMS supports students through their entire UBC journey.
This role will have you working across the organization, from our three AMS business areas to our student services and advocacy work. All areas are vital to our success and together contribute to a better student experience for all UBC Vancouver students.
The successful candidate will have solid marketing chops, a positive attitude, strong coordination, organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
If you're looking for a fun, vibrant and collaborative environment to develop as a marketing professional, then apply to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain the integrity of the AMS brand and sub-brands across multiple channels including print, social, rich and integrated media.
- Work with individual departments to plan, develop and implement marketing campaigns.
- Work with our design team to create marketing collateral such as stories, advertising, posters and campaign materials.
- Contribute to the development of the annual marketing plan.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years' experience in a hands-on marketing role.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience managing print and digital campaigns across multiple channels.
- Developing and managing marketing projects including writing creative/project briefs
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
Other experience considered an asset:
Photography, videography and graphic design skills.
Basic proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite.
Experience in website management and search engine marketing.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Application Deadline: the position will remain open until filled, apply ASAP to ensure your application is considered
The Alma Mater Society of UBC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume and cover letter. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive at the AMS, we are only able to contact those we are interested in interviewing and cannot reply to email/phone/walk-in inquiries regarding application status.