Food & Beverage Marketing & Promotions Coordinator
6133 University Boulevard, 6133 University Boulevard, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Req #7
Monday, January 25, 2021
The Alma Mater Society (AMS) is the University of British Columbia's (UBC) student society, and works to improve the academic, social and personal lives of the 56,000 UBC students at its Vancouver campus. The AMS also runs nine food and beverage outlets, a catering and conference operation, and the AMS Student Nest, providing on-campus employment opportunities and generating revenue that goes directly back into supporting the students at UBC.
Position title: Marketing Promotions Coordinator
- AMS F&B Outlets
Department : Food and Beverage
Reports to: Senior Manager Food and Beverage
Employee status: Hourly, part time, student position
Hours per week: 15-20
The Alma Mater Society of UBC is currently looking for a motivated, creative and organized student to fill the role of Marketing Promotions Coordinator
- AMS F&B Outlets
. They will work closely with the Outlet Managers to develop and implement programming campaigns through traditional and guerilla marketing efforts. This job is a great opportunity for anyone who enjoys planning and executing street teams, getting involved and engaging people in new activities and ideas on campus. They will act as an effective liaison between the student body and the Nest's F&B Outlets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhering to all AMS policies and procedures as well as other entity regulations such as Food Safe, WorkSafe BC, UBC Zero Waste Policy etc.
- Work closely with student clubs and campus groups and ensure the program is respectful to, and representative of, the diverse interests of students on the UBC campus.
- Actively engage with members of the AMS, student clubs and organization, and the University in general to keep abreast of what is happening on campus and what is important to students
- Participate in postering, flyering and promotional endeavors to attract the attention of UBC students
- Liaise with Marketing Coordinator to update and maintain AMS Outlets social media accounts
- Maintaining social media channels including creating, curating and developing original content
- Investigate the current and ever-changing interests of students in the UBC community and industry trends to help source out appropriate and relevant programming and events for the AMS and the students it represents.
- Actively soliciting new contacts and maintaining working relationships with all school and industry organizations, corporate promotional contacts, and event and booking representatives.
- Collaborate with other departments, specifically AMS Eats and AMS Events to ensure social media accounts are working together and enhancing one another
- Use social media analytics to determine appropriate time and frequency of posting
- Maintain a consistent tone and message across all social media platforms that is consistent with the AMS Eats brand
- Provide excellent customer service through the establishment of a responsive, respectful, and positive environment.
- Develop e-mail campaigns and integrated marketing campaigns across channels
- Work collaboratively with departments within the AMS and the broader UBC community to help develop new and compelling interactive content features for social media
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be a student currently registered at the University of British Columbia Vancouver or one of its affiliated colleges
- Experience with sales or marketing efforts is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the current interests of post-secondary UBC students
- Outgoing, friendly, and can adapt and work in various environments
- Reliable, punctual and dedicated
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and produce results within a fast-paced work environment
- Proven interest in the planning and organization of events and/or programs for groups of various size and demographic
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively within a team setting
- Willingness to work late hours on occasion
- Willingness to work long hours on occasion
- Strong knowledge of social media applications
- Knowledge of diverse musical genres and interest in Vancouver arts & culture.
- Photography and videography skills preferred
- Knowledge of computer software including MS Excel, Word, Outlook, Wordpress and Graphic design software.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, apply ASAP to ensure your application is considered.
The Alma Mater Society of UBC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume and cover letter. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive at the AMS, we are only able to contact those we are interested in interviewing and cannot reply to email/phone/walk-in inquiries regarding application status.