What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Business Development Officer within RCAP Leasing, you are primarily responsible for developing and growing new and existing vendor partner origination relationships within RCAP's chosen markets. You will investigate and develop new market opportunities and determine their viability for program status, as well are responsible for creating new ideas within a sales team atmosphere that will help strengthen new and existing relationships with customers. Overall, the focus is on increasing RCAP's market share and profitability.
This role supports both our Manitoba and Saskatchewan markets therefore you may work out of Winnipeg, Regina, or your home office.
What will you do?
- Establish working relationships with origination vendors by contacting owners or individuals responsible for financing offers of vendors in RCAP's chosen markets to determine/quantify opportunity and potential partnerships
- Forecast volume activities for monthly, quarterly, and annual targets and analyze and calculate all outstanding funding opportunities so that future volumes can be estimated
- Ensure that all volume targets / quotas are successfully achieved while determining where and how current profits are generated vs. current operational costs
- Examine current competitive trends in vendor's and RCAP's marketplace, propose a sales & marketing strategy aimed at growing volume and profit by establishing primary flow of business between vendor and RCAP Leasing
- Educate all appropriate employees on the principles of leasing as it relates to their industry and competition, as well as the guidelines of the established business flow
- Research and remain informed on the vendor's business, competition, market conditions, and how they relate to RCAP Leasing by attending sales meetings, trade shows, workshops, with vendors & colleagues
- Establish credibility with vendor as well as with RCAP Leasing staff in order to be able to act as sale and leasing consultant and demonstrate professionalism at all levels of dealings
- Analyze all challenges that arise from relationships with the goal of short and long term resolution for vendors and RCAP Leasing
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 5 years of proven B2B sales experience and well conversant with the end user business in mid to large size vendors in Construction, Agriculture and Transportation industry
- Advance customer service, selling, and negotiation skills
- Proven networking and client acquisition skills with the ability to foster and maintain internal and external relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects and requests and to be able to delegate work within a team environment to achieve goals
- Proficient with Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Direct or indirect vendor financing/leasing experience including skills in credit proposals/presentation and financial math
- In-depth working knowledge of RBC fulfilment applications, systems and tools, which generate information relative to customer service and operational efficiency
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, fair compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who help your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Address: Work from Home
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Your Home Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 51-75
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 02/07/2021
Platform: Personal & Commercial Banking
Req ID: 315416