Competition # : 28915
Department : Labour and Advanced Education
Type of Employment: Term
Union Status: NSGEU
Closing Date: 2/8/2021 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
Workplace Initiatives is dedicated to building a productive, innovative and competitive Nova Scotian workforce by partnering with employers and industry to ensure they have the skills needed as a province, to have a thriving economy. To achieve this goal, Workplace Initiatives partners with organizations, business and industry to ensure Nova Scotia employers have the Human Resources and skilled workforce they need to succeed.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
As the Business Workforce Consultant, you are a team player who supports business development, expansion, job creation and job satisfaction for a broad client base including: private sector employers, community organizations, researchers, human resource practitioners, entrepreneurs and other stakeholders. How will you do this? By providing specialized, innovative human resource planning and labour market services and consultations customized to address specific workplace issues and challenges at a provincial, regional and local level. You will lead forward thinking employment practices and strategies to better advise and equip employers with planning tools and strategies to develop their most valuable asset
- their people.
This position reports to the Manager, Sector Initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- This may be the right opportunity for you if you have a university degree in the discipline of human resources, business, commerce, economics or social science plus 8 years related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- You demonstrate strong research and analytical skills as well as partnering and relationship building skills. You are proficient in planning and implementation with a strong client focus and exceptional interpersonal skills. You understand government programs and policies, labour market information, and encompass the ability to align government offerings with the unique needs of industry.
- You possess effective leadership skills, proficiency in planning and implementation, partnership development skills and expertise in consultative services and practices with clients and stakeholders.
- You have superior communication skills (written and verbal), as well as strong presentation and public speaking skills necessary to deliver internal and external presentations.
- You are proficient with computer systems, database systems, internet-based applications, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of federal, provincial and community labour market partners, and relevant programs and services, is required. Insight into challenges faced by small & medium enterprises (SMEs) and their employees is essential.
While not necessary, it is considered an asset if you have the following:
- Proficiency with on-line databases such as LaMPSS (Labour Market Program Support System).
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status and Union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs.