Put your creative talent and marketing experience to use! BCIT's School of Health Sciences is seeking a temporary, full-time Marketing Coordinator.
In this role, you will coordinate all marketing related activities within the School. Specifically, you will assist in developing the School's annual Marketing Plan and implementing marketing initiatives within each of the School's programs. Working closely with Program Heads and BCIT's Marketing and Communications department, you will create marketing and promotional materials in a variety of media to attract potential students and faculty. Coordinating career and educational fairs, and developing and maintaining web copy and graphics for the School's websites will also fall under your domain.
Duties & Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates within the School of Health to assist with the development of the annual Marketing Plan, including setting initiatives to assist with marketing related activities within each program of the school.
- Creates marketing and promotional materials using existing marketing templates to help create the production of flyers, brochures, posters and electronic print media to be used by the school to distribute information about its program.
- Works with Program Heads and Marketing and Communications to create and place advertisements to attract potential students and faculty.
- Maintains the supply of promotional items including working with the Program Heads to create the concept, choosing the design, order inventory, and then distribute when required.
- Assembles marketing packages as required for specific school events such as clinical seminars by producing and gathering marketing materials within the school.
- Liaises with Marketing and Communications and the Institute photographer to assemble a database of photo related materials to be used in future publications within the school.
- Liaises with the program areas to build the schools database of testimonials provided by current students, alumni and faculty to also be used in future publications within the school.
- Works with the schools management team to asses display needs for career and educational fairs, makes recommendations for improvements and works with Marketing and Communications to develop new materials within corporate standards.
- Coordinates the logistics to set up display booths for career and education fairs, and acts as the school representative to answer or direct enquiries to the appropriate department.
- Liaise with secondary schools for the purpose of maintaining relationships and arranging presentations and other events.
- Works with the Institute Media Relations Manager and Program Heads to coordinate the logistics related to providing tours of the school to various stakeholders.
- Works with Program Heads to organize and create content to be published and distributed in the Part-Time Studies booklet.
- Acts as school liaison with external departments to assist with the coordination of school events and programs as assigned.
- Participates on committees such as BCIT Marketing Council, SOHS Employee Excellence Committee, Open House Planning Committee, and Big Info Planning Committee.
Web Content Coordination:
- Develop and maintain web copy and graphics for the school and program websites using existing templates as required by the ITS and Marketing and Communications Departments.
- Ensures accuracy and consistency of content and images to school guidelines and corporate regulations to maintain the websites in a timely manner.
- Works with department management, faculty, staff and external stakeholders on web site projects as assigned including surveys, recruitment initiatives, special events and conferences.
- Participates in Records Custodian training and remains current with record keeping practices, policies and procedures (both BCIT and FOIPOP).
- Undertakes related duties as assigned, consistent with the job grade of this position.
- Equivalent of completion of specialized training programs of up to two years duration. For example, a Diploma of Technology or completion of a two year program from a community college.
- Up to two years of general business experience, plus two years of experience in a marketing related position.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid BC Driver's Licence.
- Experience using business graphic applications at an Intermediate level.
- Microsoft Office at an intermediate level with proven proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Internet and Web Design experience at a basic level.
- Desktop Publishing experience at an intermediate level.
- Demonstrated strengths in written and oral communication skills including proven ability to make presentations and facilitate discussions.
- Proven ability to work independently, and organize time and priorities to meet deadlines.
- Strong conceptual and creative talent.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to answer or direct inquires within the school.
- Experience managing social media (e.g., facebook, twitter, etc.)
- Must be able to work flexible hours and in remote locations to assist with trade shows, conferences and recruitment fairs.
- Ability to work as a team member committed to a collaborative approach to develop marketing materials.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
Pay Grade 7: $50, 695 to $55, 252 per annum.
Additional Salary Information
External hires are initially placed at the minimum of the salary range with progression to the maximum. Salary prorated based on percentage and term of appointment.
BCGEU Support Staff
Number of Vacancies
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date
Competition Open Date
Competition Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quicklink for Posting