CDN Controls Ltd. is a fully integrated provider of instrumentation, electrical, automation, communication, combustion and emissions services throughout Western Canada. CDN Controls has been providing the oil and gas industry with the high-quality services needed for business operations since 2010. Our professionalism and expertise in the field have made us the standout company in the industry!
Do you want to be part of a winning team? Our fast-growing company is currently looking to hire a Communication Technician who is experienced in the Oil & Gas industry to join our Communications Department in Fort St. John.
The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to be a self-motivated team player with a can-do attitude and looks forward to growing personally and professionally with CDN. At CDN Controls we understand that our employees are a key factor in our success, and we take great pride in selecting employees who are team orientated, driven and eager to be successful in everything they do.
We ask that all interested candidates please apply with a detailed resume directly to this ad or through our careers section on our website. We would like to thank all interested applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted shall be contacted.Responsibilities :
- Troubleshooting/repairing/installing two-way and SCADA/telemetry equipment
- Technical understanding of RF radio communications equipment
- Performing the installation and servicing of telecommunications equipment
- Tower climbing, servicing, and construction at heights
- Structured Cabling
- IP Based Camera Installation and Troubleshooting
- Antenna installations and alignment
- Configuration of telecommunication hardware
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions
- Excellent communication, documentation, and strong team-building skills to interact with customers and fellow team members Qualifications:
- Communication Technician Apprentice or Journeyman Certificate is an asset
- Experience with tower assembly is an asset
- Strong technical background, including component level diagnosis, repair, and a good understanding of communications systems
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. IT knowledge is beneficial for understanding interfacing between a radio system
- Required Valid Tickets: H2S, First Aid, OSSA Fall Protection, AWP, CSTS, and CSO. High Angle Rescue is an asset, willing to train the right candidate.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends if required
- Valid Driver's License, clean driving record, and willingness to travel
- A pre-employment drug and alcohol test will be required prior to employment
- Ability to work in various working conditions ranging from outdoors to indoors in a variety of weather conditions and working from heights
- Represent themselves professionally both to the client and to CDN staff