Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for more than 130 years. We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of more than one billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting 2 full-time Communications Interns to join the Communications & Public Affairs team in Canada, from May
- December 2021. This exciting role will offer a passionate post-secondary student the opportunity to gain valuable work experience in one of the most innovative, diversified and admired healthcare companies in the world.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications & Public Affairs, the Communications Intern will provide the administration, support, development and delivery of several priority internal and external communications, as well as Community Partnership initiatives on behalf of the cross-sector Communications & Public Affairs teams at Johnson & Johnson. In this unique role, the successful candidate will gain experience working with both the Consumer Health and Medical Devices sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity for a student who is completing a post-secondary degree, who has completed, and/or is about to complete, a post-graduate program in Corporate Communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
Successful candidates will blend knowledge and experience in communications, marketing, and public affairs and demonstrate a strong ability to write and build a wide variety of content in a number of formats, such as internal announcements, presentations, articles, videos, web and social media copy. There will be opportunities to plan and research for current and/or future campaigns, translating information into insights and strategy.
This experience also offers the opportunity to interact with Johnson & Johnson employees at all levels, and with other partner groups within Johnson & Johnson including Legal, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, R&D, Access, Government Affairs and IT, as well as public relations and other agencies working on our behalf.
- Support the development and execution of a wide range of communications materials (email communications, company newsletters, intranet postings, presentations, surveys, calendar invitations, website content, internal videos, social content, etc.) and manage communications tools/channels.
- Support the planning, coordination and execution of a variety of employee events, such as company town halls, in partnership with business colleagues and communications department
- Create Corporate Communications materials, while learning and understanding Company/Brand Design Guidelines
- Actively participate in team meetings and assists team members as needed
- Proactively work with Manager to establish and track goals (individual & team)
CANDIDATES SHOULD MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from an accredited College/University in a communications, journalism, public affairs or related undergraduate or post-graduate degree program with an interest in pursuing a career in communications/public affairs.
- Fundamental understanding of healthcare business and challenges is considered an asset
Candidates should also possess the following skill sets:
- Exceptional writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Outlook, Teams, Powerpoint), Zoom and Adobe Illustrator
- Strong digital and social media acumen
- Focused and detailed, with sound research and analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize and translate findings into concrete executable recommendations
- Time and priority management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Personal integrity & Credo-based values
- ?Can do? attitude
- Drive to take personal ownership and accountability for results
- willingness to learn from others and partner with peers
- Courage to speak your voice and suggest innovative ideas
- Self-starter who can manage projects and follow-ups with demonstrated attention to detail.
Our employees' health and wellbeing are a top priority. Note, we are currently working remotely with a plan to return to the office when deemed safe to do so.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Canada-Ontario-Markham-88 McNabb Street
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)