The key objectives of this role are to improve 7-Eleven Canada brand relevance internally and externally, build community programs locally and nationally, initiate earned media and brand engagement and referral
- overall humanize our brand and get people talking favourably about 7-Eleven.
This is a critical role in accelerating our shift to a team and customer obsessed culture. Improving our brand relevance and humanizing our team speaks to how we show up in communities, as an employer, as a business leader and as a trusted brand that is here for Canadians around the clock, here in the neighbourhood. Responsibilities:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify brand-appropriate marketing and communications opportunities consistent with brand voice and positioning. If necessary, develop business plans to support ideas and present to senior leadership.
- Develop plans and strategies to position 7-Eleven Canada as a choice employer and humanize the brand to customers, potential recruits and team members.
- Develop programs and communications campaigns and incentives that drive engagement, a 2-way dialogue between all team members that generate goodwill, buzz and bring the team together.
- Community manager for internal team Facebook page
- Brand Linked in page.
- Lead PR and earned media activations for the brand.
- Lead & drive awareness of local community events and plans through quality local listings pages content
- submitted by the field team or generated through national programs.
- Lead existing / propose new partnerships to drive brand awareness on a national and neighbourhood level.
- Plan, brief and lead execution of campaigns, promotions and partnerships.
- Measure campaign results and identify insights to drive strategies and plans to continually grow engagement.
- Manage and leverage technology partners to drive the most efficient communication methods.
- Build strong working relationships with cross-functional business partners and tools (including operations, merchandising, creative services, Digital, HR, public relations, finance, legal, social monitoring, VOC, YEXT) to facilitate the execution and analysis of communications initiatives.
- Initiate consumer and internal team research in collaboration with the HR and data team, including focus groups and online surveys, to measure employer, customer, consumer and brand satisfaction.
- Plan and manage internal communications budget, including monthly forecasting and accruals.
- Execute other projects as requested by Sr Mgr Mktg & Communications. Qualifications:
- Proven track record of creative and resourceful approaches to unique business challenges
- Demonstrated ability in making brand-appropriate & business building strategic decisions
- Self-motivated with ability to take initiative and pursue opportunities along with working well independently and with a small team, project management skills and creativity a must
- 7 years in a marketing and/or communications role
- Excellent communication and written skills, relevant to field teams and executives.
- Project lead experience
- managing complex projects and budgets successfully.
- Marketing experience
- from agency / creative briefs, to implementation and execution through media, instore, etc.
- Experience in social media tools and community management.
- Ability to work within planning structure and timelines.