FoodX Technologies (?FoodX?) is a scalable end-to end SaaS eGrocery Management Solution. We are committed to helping grocery retailers succeed in online grocery with a scalable and profitable solution while developing and sharing sustainable practices to help reduce the environmental impact of delivering groceries. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference, because we believe that sustainability works best when shared. If the idea of helping food retailers succeed with their online efforts, while reducing carbon emissions, food waste, and single use plastics resonates with you, please apply to join our team now!
FoodX is looking for a full-time, permanent Junior Technical Writer based remotely out of Vancouver, BC.Duties & Responsibilities:
FoodX seeks a Junior Technical Writer who will support cross-functional teams as they develop appropriate technical communication materials for internal and external needs. Work may include research, writing and maintaining technical documentation for print, for training, and occasionally for sales and marketing. This position will also draft and maintain user support documentation.
The Junior Technical Writer will also contribute to the design and operation of a documentation workflow. This position is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. We encourage creativity and flexibility in the execution of responsibilities.
People join our team because they believe in our mission. Creating technology that allows grocers to connect to their communities in a truly meaningful way is powerful (and fun). We're eliminating food deserts while helping create a safe and sustainable food ecosystem for everyone. We get our hands dirty to help. We elevate our customers. We champion our co-workers. We make impactful tech.
- Work cross-functionally with business analysts, product managers, learning manager, operations leads, customer support and success teams, the onboarding team and others to produce and maintain user guides, integration guides, API developer guides, and other platform documentation as required
- Work with the Creative & Branding team to develop user aids and product documentation that includes online video, demos, and guided tours
- Develop materials, as required, grounded in educational best practices to improve onboarding and team training
- Learn and communicate complex concepts in engaging and easily understood language for intended users
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability
- Act as an editor to ensure consistency in training documentation
- Update and maintain documentation regularly
- Contribute to establishing and improving documentation workflow within the team and within the company
- Monitor metrics on customer support feedback and training to prioritize and improve documentation output and workflow
- Draft and promote online content about product updates, whitepapers, and other material as required
- Additional duties and projects as required Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of Azure technologies
- Demonstrated storytelling abilities
- Excellent research and analysis capabilities
- Ability to work independently and communicate roadblocks in a timely manner
- At least 1 years technical writing experience
- Three or more years of writing long-form marketing copy, especially customer stories
- Three or more years of writing about cloud services
- Knowledge of warehouse and grocery operations Compensation:
- An annual salary, paid bi-weekly
- 20% discount on SPUD.ca purchases
- Join now and receive an initial $250.00 of SPUD credit, and another $250.00 of SPUD credit after six months of employment ($500.00 total)
- Must have a valid SPUD.ca account and be employed at the time of the credit administration (processed monthly)
- Extended Health Care Benefits (after 90 days) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more