FoodX Technologies (?FoodX?) is a scalable end-to end SaaS eGrocery Management Solution. We are committed to helping grocery retailers succeed in online grocery with a scalable and profitable solution while developing and sharing sustainable practices to help reduce the environmental impact of delivering groceries. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference, because we believe that sustainability works best when shared. If the idea of helping food retailers succeed with their online efforts, while reducing carbon emissions, food waste, and single use plastics resonates with you, please apply to join our team now!
FoodX is looking for a full-time, permanent Technical Writer based remotely out of Vancouver, BC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
FoodX seeks an experienced Technical Writer who can work cross-functionally with of its teams to develop appropriate technical communication materials for internal and external needs. In addition to developing and maintaining technical documentation, the technical writer will research, organize and structure content for print and online users.
The Technical Writer will also support the design, deployment and operation of FoodX's documentation workflow. This position is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. We encourage creativity and flexibility in the execution of responsibilities.
People join our team because they believe in our mission. Creating technology that allows grocers to connect to their communities in a truly meaningful way is powerful (and fun). We're eliminating food deserts while helping create a safe and sustainable food ecosystem for everyone. We get our hands dirty to help. We elevate our customers. We champion our co-workers. We make impactful tech.
- Work cross-functionally with business analysts, product managers, learning manager, operations leads, customer support and success teams, the onboarding team and others to produce and maintain user guides, integration guides, API developer guides, and other platform documentation as required
- Work with the Creative & Branding team to develop user aids and product documentation that includes online video, demos, and guided tours
- Develop materials, as required, grounded in educational best practices to improve onboarding and team training
- Learn and communicate complex concepts in engaging and easily understood language for intended users
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability
- Act as an editor to ensure consistency in training documentation
- Update and maintain documentation regularly
- Contribute to establishing and improving documentation workflow within the team and within the company
- Monitor metrics on customer support feedback and training to prioritize and improve documentation output and workflow
- Additional duties and projects and assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of Azure technologies
- storytelling abilities Excellent research and analysis capabilitiesProven ability to work independently through the entire writing process
- At least 3 years technical writing experience
- Three or more years of writing long-form marketing copy, especially customer storiesThree or more years of writing about cloud services
- Technical expertise in at least one type of cloud computing-IaaS, SaaS, or PaaS
- Knowledge of warehouse and grocery operations Compensation:
- An annual salary, paid bi-weekly
- 20% discount on SPUD.ca purchases
- Join now and receive an initial $250.00 of SPUD credit, and another $250.00 of SPUD credit after six months of employment ($500.00 total)
- Must have a valid SPUD.ca account and be employed at the time of the credit administration (processed monthly)
- Extended Health Care Benefits (after 90 days) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more