Social Media Coordinator.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase audience on social media, improve quality of content, and plans to build and establish a brand identity.
- Plan paid social media advertising strategies and budgets.
- Recommend campaigns for greater reach and more user-generated content through social media;
- Create, maintain, and grow new and existing social networks, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, and others. Manage delivery and publishing of content.
- In collaboration with team members execute the strategies for growing content channels including website, newsletter, blogs, and social platforms to increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Provide support to marketing and public relations communications, helping with projects and sales initiatives.
- Produce written and photographic/video content for the College's e-newsletter and social media platforms on a regular basis (daily and weekly).
- Monitor and analyze social media progress and community engagement using web analytic tools to identify gaps and opportunities, and recommend and implement new strategies to grow traffic.
- Assist with maintaining and updating our website.
- Follow industry-related news and generate ideas around trending topics. Research and keep up with trends, industry opportunities, and developments in social media
- Manage online social channels by engaging with communities daily to answer and monitor questions. Identify and escalate social community feedback, issues, and trends.
- Generate relationships with social media influencers to attract new audiences.
- Avoid Copyright Infringement when posting on Social Media;
- Manage and organize photos and videos folder/library, including categorizing and keywords.
- Develop simple signage and print collateral as assigned.
- Connect with students by collecting stories, images, and contact information to support marketing initiatives.
- Actively gather media resources (photograph, video, audio) for various marketing purposes.
- Maintain a visible presence on campus to encourage student engagement with the activity; campaign.
- Provide other clerical and administrative support as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2+ years' work experience as a Content Marketing, Social Media Coordinator, or similar role with direct work experience in community engagement and Copywriting.
- Post-Secondary education in Marketing or another related degree.
- Solid understanding of social media platforms and tools, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Hubspot (or equivalent Social Media Dashboard), Adobe Creative Suite, and Content Management Systems.
- Proven expertise in SEO, Google Search Console, or related tools to guide content strategy, competitive analysis, and content optimization.
- Graphic design and video creation experience. Illustrator; Photoshop; Fireworks; Flash.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Knowledge of the education industry would be an advantage.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to supervise multiple projects.
- A cover letter is very important. Describe yourself and how your quality for this position.
- Include a resume.
- 2 local professional references.
- How many years of Social Media experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you in Vancouver, BC?
- Do you speak English fluently?
- A quick phone call.
- Meet in person.
- Reference check.
- Offer made.
About VanWest College:
VanWest College is a privately owned Canadian college with campuses located in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia. The College is certified by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) branch of the BC government Ministry of Advanced Education. Certification by PTIB assures clients that VanWest College delivers education and training programs that meet and exceed high quality educational standards and student protection. Highly interactive program courses, taught by industry leaders, are designed to improve students' communication skills, increase business knowledge and refine job-search and employability skills. Students will acquire the essential real-life skills necessary to be successful in a workplace environment and students in co-op programs will spend approximately 50% of their program time in paid, authentic Canadian job placements. For real learning, real experience and real results, VanWest College is the premiere choice.