At Universal Supply, our widespread success comes from an uncompromising commitment to our people. If you want to join an innovative, nationally recognized, and growing wholesale distribution company
- then come explore a career with us!
We are currently hiring for a full-time Counter Sales Representative at our location in Vancouver, BC.
A Typical Day at Universal Supply:
As a Counter Sales Representative, you will provide sales support to walk-in customers who come to our Profit Centre counters. You will provide the highest level of customer service by maintaining, stocking, and keeping a clean counter sales area. In addition, you will provide support to customers by answering questions, picking, and entering orders and following up on any backorders. Support will also be provided to the Inside Sales and Outside Sales functions.
Additional duties will include:
- Assist customers who purchase material at the Profit Centre counters
- Research product for customers and provide recommendations on our assortment of product
- Drive sales growth through ownership of counter merchandising, product promotion, and generate leads for the Outside Account Manager while networking with customers at the counter
- Enter, pick, and pack sales orders generated at the counter
- Maintain and clean the counter area including any merchandising displays
- Inform the Buyer when stocks levels are low
- Follow up on backorders with vendors and provide customers accurate delivery dates
- Process returns and warranty claims to customers both on account and cash sales including paperwork in compliance with all procedures
- Navigate and find a solution for customer concerns and complaints
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
What We Are Looking for From You:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; College and/or University degree an asset
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with customer service or counter sales
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Ability to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate math skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn how to operate material handling equipment
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Ability to use the Internet as a resource to problem solve and find alternative solutions for customers
- Experience using Trend, Word, Excel, and Outlook
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please include Counter Sales Representative, PC 921 in your subject line and send your resume to the attention of Craig Miller at Via Isarta.
Universal Supply, a division of Emco Corporation, is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. Emco is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.