The Social Media Specialist takes an active role in managing the social media presence for our clients from planning to execution. This person will work cross-functionally, as well as independently, to ensure the management of social media for our clients is done in a way that promotes the client's overall business goals, drives meaningful results, and is consistent with brand standards.
Responsibilities include management of social media profiles from creation, through strategy, and implementation, in addition to Public Relations duties and content writing support, outlined below. This will include developing strategies and content and then publishing content, and community management. The Social Media Specialist is able to think of unique solutions to make engaging social media content, work with a team to make campaigns that work in tandem with other marketing initiatives for a client, and have a pulse on the newest and most exciting advancement in social media marketing.
Individuals should also have a passion for digital marketing overall, able to learn more about paid campaigns and reputation management, providing assistance where needed.
1. SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
- Develop unique and tactical social media strategies created through discovery meetings with the client, research and competitive analyses, brainstorming with the team, with consideration of the client's goals
- Provide recommendations and plans to elevate the social media presence for clients
- Create influencer strategies and communicate directly with influencers to execute campaigns for clients
- Determine the best processes to work collaboratively with clients to manage their social media
- Execute social media giveaways and contests
- Work cross-functionally to align social media initiatives with other marketing initiatives and campaigns for clients
- Develop social media content in a variety of mediums (text posts, Stories, polls, etc.), working with various team members to produce this content
- Use social media management software to schedule and publish content
- Provide community management client's social media profiles, responding to questions, comments, and complaints based on guidelines for the client on response best practices
- Report back on the success of social media efforts through analytics
2. DIGITAL MARKETING SUPPORT
- Provide support to the digital marketing team for online reputation management of clients (listing management, review responses)
- Develop strategy for online reputation management and processes to manage multiple listings across multiple sites
- Collaborate to develop paid digital recommendations and strategies, including Facebook/Instagram ads, Google ads, Twitter ads, etc.
- Support in setting up and managing online ad buys, including campaign creation and reporting
- Work with email marketing platforms to deploy newsletters and email campaigns where needed
- Publish blog content on Wordpress websites
- Share learnings and trends with the team to provide well-rounded digital strategies
3. CONTENT CREATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Content creation: curating, planning and scheduling posts for clients from a variety of industries, representing each unique brand in an authentic, compelling and differentiating manner
- Monitoring and communicating client analytics and coming up with strategies to build follower base
- Develop content and social media strategies to drive higher engagement on social media posts
- Working with the team to ensure all content is of top quality
- Managing multiple client social accounts at any given time
- Management and development of social media calendar(s)
- Monitoring SEO of social content
- Flexibility to manage clients and their work (i.e., responsible for keeping projects on-budget)
- Coordinating with team members including content writers, graphic designers, web designers, project managers, and others in order to execute social media content strategy and gather
- Development and management of influencer marketing campaigns
- Maintain social media timelines to keep projects on track
- Stay apprised of current social media trends and best practices
- Ability to translate strategic vision into project deliverables.
- Strong client management skills, ability to work directly with clients.
- Creative and professional writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple accounts
- Passion for digital and social media marketing, and interest to learn more.
- General Public Relations knowledge (ie: enhance the company's voice and presence through online and offline channels, support the implementation of promotional plans).
- Strong research skills (for competitive analyses/strategy development).
- Problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work to timelines under pressure.
- Resiliency in the face of our changing business landscape.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Cheerful and professional.
- Good sense of humour.
- Post secondary education in marketing or communications
- 1+ year working in a social media/communications role
- Experience working in an agency setting is an asset
- Strong passion for & knowledge of technology and digital marketing
- Strong familiarity with digital metrics
- In depth knowledge of integrated marketing and digital disciplines (including audience identification and analysis, targeting, experience design, digital production, and online analytics).