To be innovative, you need courage. And being courageous is in our DNA. Sixty years ago, we started our business by insuring taxi drivers when no one else would. In 1997, we became the first car insurance company in North America to offer an online car insurance quote directly to consumers. We know that insurance is too important to be complicated. So, we work hard to make it simple for people to protect the things they care about. That's us. Insurance. Simplified.
We're looking for a Unit Manager to join our growing Sales team!
Intact Insurance's Ontario Division has an exciting opportunity for a Unit Manager, Sales within our Direct Distribution team. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead a team of sales agents within a call-centre environment. The role will require the candidate to display skills including planning, organizing and ensuring optimal use of human, financial and material resources to meet the corporate objectives. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be accountable for leading a team of licensed sales agents to manage the day-to-day activities and providing direction to the team.
In this hands-on leadership role, your experience with sales management, process improvement and change management will be essential as you implement and support a variety of initiatives to create efficiencies and generate growth and to effectively lead your team to deliver on the corporate objectives.
Location: 700 University Ave. Toronto
Here are a few ways you'll make a difference:
- Establish and communicate the sales objectives and develop and implement strategies for achieving corporate goals.
- Lead the implementation and launch of sales related activities and strategic projects.
- Develop strategies to improve call centre performance.
- Coach and provide direction to the sales agents to develop customized strategies to improve agents' performance, develop their talent and increase the level of engagement by reviewing performance, identifying training needs and planning training sessions.
- Manage the team's operations by organizing, planning and monitoring the optimal use of resources in accordance with the company's strategic objectives.
- Act as a resource person for escalated sales issues.
- Work in close partnership with the operations director, underwriting, external independent brokers and account receivables to ensure alignment and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in projects, committees, and task forces to assist in the implementation of action plans.
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in business administration or a related field.
- Other than Life (OTL) license is an asset.
- CIP or FCIP designation is an asset.
- 3-5 years of insurance experience is an asset
- Strong coaching ability; experience implementing both team and individual plans with positive results.
- Proven ability in making strategic decisions independently and in a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience focusing on employee engagement and building strategic internal relationships.
- Ability to assume the management of a team within the corporate vision and values.
- Confidence in their own abilities to take risks and to implement change.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data.
- Strong sales orientation.
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on February 4, 2021 at 11:59pm.