The Technical Report Writer is responsible for auditing, processing, and releasing engineering changes, performing research, writing procedures manuals and controlled documents.
- Post-secondary education with a technical degree/diploma or a journalism/English Degree.
- Minimum 2+ years' experience in report writing or technical documentation.
- Experience with ECA/ECR/ECO/ECN processes within an ISO/IATF 16949 environment would be beneficial
- Knowledge of common office software (Word, Excel, Access)
- Knowledge of engineering drawings & documentation not required, but preferred
- Detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing priorities
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Interview staff and document procedures and/or tests performed.
- Audit engineering change packages for quality control, and work with engineering teams to resolve discrepancies or inconsistencies.
- Communicate engineering change documentation with internal and external stakeholders and outside suppliers.
- Corresponded with suppliers to obtain Cause and Corrective Actions for Rejection Reports.
- Organizing files, both paper and electronic, for proper storage
- Seeking out and completing methods to continually improve processes
- Researching, collecting, and compiling data.
- Archival and Retrieval of QC data packages.
- Write standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Facilitating change requests through the quality management system
- Uploading documents and data for clients to our internal database
- Developed internal audit procedures and conducted audits in accordance with requirements.
- Communicate customer, regulatory and organizational requirements to ensure product quality, environmental safety, contract compliance, and customer satisfaction are understood.
- Maintained the Corrective Action database/filing system, support the Customer Service Group with complaint/material deficiency dispositions and generated various operational reports.
- Other administrative duties as required.