Faculty/Department University Advancement & Communications Unit University Advancement & Communications-Communications and Marketing Employee Group URFA APT Collective Agreement Consideration Open with preference given to APT members. CUPE 5791 Job Family N/A Category Staff Number of Vacancies 1 Position Summary
Reporting to the Associate Director, Communications & Public Relations (University Advancement & Communications), this position is a primary communication lead for the Unit, directing and overseeing communication strategies and tactics. This position works closely with the Associate Director to ensure integrity of reputation amongst University stakeholders and the community, as well as the accuracy of the University's messaging.
- Providing editorial oversight for the institutional media platforms operated by Communications & Marketing, aiming to: strengthen the University's brand and instill pride in the campus community; and, support revenue generation by enhancing the prestige of the University among key external stakeholders, particularly existing and prospective students, existing and prospective research partners/funders, alumni, and existing and prospective donors;
- Assuming a pivotal role in institutional strategic projects and events, internal communication and promotion, and Executive Office initiatives;
- Assisting with communications for University-wide emergency preparedness and crisis management; and,
- Providing direction and oversight to the Strategic Communications team.
- Friday, 8:15 am
- 4:30 pm. Work outside of regular business hours may be required on occasion. Duration (if Term/Temporary) 6 Months Full-Time/Part-Time Full Time Preference Posting Target Posting Not Targeted
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Application Instructions
Please note that preference will be given to APT Members.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and an updated resume that clearly states how they meet the posted qualifications.
The University of Regina is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the community that we serve. The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within the University's employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.