SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit www.sonicwall.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking and cybersecurity. Whether you're in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support or finance, you'll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you're ready for a career that can impact change
- and not just another job
- join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
Online Technical Community Manager
The Online Technical Community Manager is responsible for managing the functional design, strategy and overall day to day tasks of the SonicWall Online Community. Our Community is a place for our existing customers, prospects and partners to ask or answer questions, provide feedback, participate in beta products and connect with peers.
As the SonicWall Online Technical Community Manager, you will have the opportunity to provide strategic oversite for Community features and improvements, Community engagement growth and adoption, and engaging customers with creative resolutions for technical issues. The Technical Community Manager will be part of the Marketing team and will work collaboratively with the Product Design, Sales, Support and Engineering teams. This will include supporting on-going technical improvements of the Community platform as well as the on-going strategic ownership for the Community program.
Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand, manage all community communications, grow engagement through creative outreach projects, and iteratively improve the look and feel of the Communities to provide a unified feel and a frictionless experience to our end-users. You need to be level-headed, technically versed in cybersecurity, and be great at communicating with a wide variety of people.
- Execute the overall community strategy for SonicWall.
- Manage the relationship with the Community SaaS vendor.
- Define technical and cross-functional requirements for the community platform such as enhanced authentication, integration points with SonicWall websites and CRM, and UI/UX improvements.
- Write clear requirements or user stories and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to business and development teams.
- Collaborate with technology teams, UX, marketing and business development partners to determine what features to move forward and in what priority order.
- Test and evaluate key features and user interactions before each release.
- Recommend and implement engagement tactics, including incorporating community into organizational programming, communications strategies, annual conferences and events.
- Act as the voice of the community via daily moderation including reviewing discussions and following up on unresolved issues.
- Develop custom content, marketing and audience engagement plans for online communities.
- Develop and manage new users and turn them into fans of the brand.
- Partner with SMEs in our Technical Support, Sales and Product Management organization to develop an engaged and effective panel of moderators for the online community.
- Train and support moderators, content owners and approvers.
- Execute escalation policies and lead crisis management protocol as needed, within the moderator community or wider SonicWall community.
- Define Community KPIs, monitor performance, and optimize community content to reach company objectives.
- Manage all community measuring and reporting including reporting progress to community sponsor(s) and any others (such as content owners) as needed.
- Develop clear roadmaps that show short-term goals and long-term vision.
- Develop and enforce community guidelines and policies.
- Stay up to date on the latest technology, trends, and community management methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience in supporting the products related to Network Security.
- 2+ years of experience being a part of online communities, ideally communities of technical subject matter or targeted towards developers.
- Experience creating and updating HTML components.
- Experience working with online automation including Python, Azure, Google Apps Script, etc...
- Experience leading large-scale community strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or more major community platforms or social business software (Lithium, Salesforce Communities, Vanilla, Jive).
- Excellent communicator
- strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing.
- Proficient in Google Analytics and Microsoft Office.
- Experience soliciting user and industry feedback.
- Strong cross-group communication and negotiation skills.
- Detail-oriented and results-driven with a track record of managing projects to completion on-time.
- Experience in working with agile processes, tools and teams.
- Experience with Wordpress, Kentico or other similar CMS applications.
SonicWall provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.