Do what you love. Love what you do.
The Community Engagement Manager will support the community strategy and governance while working with Workday department representatives (sales, marketing, CX, support, customer success, partners, content curators, and users across the company). You will engage with business stakeholders to consult on their community needs and establish relationships to strengthen communication, alignment, and trust. You will support users so they feel informed and enable them to complete their business, communication, and member engagement goals in the Community effectively. You will ensure that policies and processes are known and implemented throughout the day-to-day actions of all users. You will work hands-on with the Workday Community platform to build value, trust, gameify, and influence behaviour on the community. T You will support members so they feel informed and enable them to complete their goals in the Community effectively. You will ensure that policies and processes are known and implemented throughout the day-to-day actions of all users.
You will also partner closely with Workday's M&A team and newly acquired companies to ensure a methodical evaluation and successful integration of the target company's community membership and content. This will include tight coordination throughout the deal process from due diligence through integration closeout. The goal is to enhance and execute on streamlined processes to coordinate across both internal and external cross-functional teams. You will be an integral part of Workday's cross-functional M&A team and will be a key contributor to systematizing Workday's acquisition processes relating to all things Community, especially diligence and integration.
You most likely worked in professional service firms (management consulting) or as part of a centralized community program office that provides internal community consulting to business units and other groups within large organizations. You're comfortable as a subject matter expert within their ecosystem supporting and auditing a portfolio of community campaigns. You have M&A experience. You're an excellent online communicator, facilitator, and coordinator. You have a special knack for translating stakeholder desired outcomes into measurable effective member engagement campaigns. You work with Outbound community engagement managers to ensure strategies and approaches will yield successful shared value and keep the community productive.
- Manage community engagement programs, strategies, and tactics
- Track, quantify and communicate campaign results
- Work hand-in-hand with the stakeholders, community inbound engagement managers to drive desired outcomes
- Provide an implementation calendar/roadmap for community engagement projects/programs
- Manage gamification strategies
- Lead all Community-related aspects of technical due diligence and integration of acquired companies.
- Develop and improve on existing frameworks, work processes and standardized templates related to various stages of target company community integration and due diligence.
- Work as a liaison between Workday's M&A team and various Product & Engineering teams to lead the technical due diligence and integration of acquired communities.
- Partner with the M&A team to ensure the integration process is clearly understood and followed by deal sponsors and cross-functional stakeholders, both internally and within target companies.
- Identify and creatively resolve complex cross-functional issues related to community acquisitions (often unique to each acquired community).
- Measurement, Benchmarking & Reporting
- Synthesizing results and Consulting
- Selling, Influencing & Evangelizing, Presentation, Facilitation
- Plan community programs designed to generate value
- Technical Skills:
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Engagement & People Skills:
- Monitor and listen to understand member and stakeholder needs
- Test engagement techniques in order to boost participation
- Collaborate with teams across the business to incorporate community strategy
- Facilitate enablement sessions for community engagement playbooks
- Advocate for and build support for Community
- Technical Skills:
- Develop and test community engagement programs
- Analyze and present community data that addresses stakeholder needs
The ideal candidate has six years of community experience. They have a clear perspective for how to optimize and measure community performance and are subject matter experts. They have strong analytical and technical skills and are good decision-makers and communicators.
- 3+ years experience in community member engagement strategies
- 2+ years in consultancy experience
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to establish credibility on the subject matter with key customer stakeholders at all levels
- Familiar with Community, social media culture, analytics, and content management
- Experienced in engaging, consulting, and making recommendations to stakeholders
- Validated understanding of customer support principles
- Superb communication skills, and the ability to adjust tone and voice
- Ability to work cross- functionally and independently
- Operational-level knowledge of community platform tools