Reports to: Chief Scientist
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
As a Technical Sales Manager, you will work with a multi-disciplinary team and support the sales team to provide technical solutions for our customers. The solutions will include satellite networks, SATCOM terminals and microwave assemblies. You will play an integral role in ensuring that the Norsat solution meets the customer performance requirements. You will work closely with engineering to ensure solutions are realizable. You will also provide post-sales support.
- Work with the sales team, marketing team and directly with the customer to determine the requirements and constraints
- Manage a team of engineers to perform technical sales support
- Work with the engineering to design and engineer solutions for our customers
- Provide support to proposal writing activities
- Provide engineering analysis for customer solutions
- Research existing and future technologies (including competitive solutions)
- Provide technology and competitive analysis
- Support pre-sales activities including traveling and performing demonstrations at customer sites
- Support customer post sales technical support
- Understanding all products offered for sales at Norsat. Maintain a reference file for each product to support technical inquiries;
- Technical support for all Norsat product to customers and Sales team;
- Manage customer issues, troubleshooting and returns;
- Initiating and contributing to improvement projects to further the maturity of the Technical Sales department;
- Providing training to customers and Sales team (after business hour support expected);
- Writing and maintaining support documentation such as Field Service Bulletins;
- Providing reports to Quality Team on customer issues;
- BSc. Electrical Engineering, B.Science or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in technical sales, customer service and/or management
- Excellent spoken and written Mandarin will be an asset
- Excellent spoken and written English required
- Willingness and able to travel internationally
- Knowledge and experience within IT or electrical engineering
- Knowledge of satellite communications is an asset
- Network or system administration experience is an asset
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Excellent presentation and customer interaction skills
- Strong team building and management facilitation skills
- Proven customer-oriented skills in Technical Support, hardware/software troubleshooting or related technical fields.
- Able to analyze and interpret complex information.
- Excellence in communication and customer service, problem solving abilities, teamwork, time management and prioritizing skills.
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility; thus, all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate's successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
No recruiters please.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR